• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
It's true. Almost any exercise whatsoever will lead you to develop huge thighs, and you'll never again be able to fit your now-muscular body into slim-fitting clothing, much less skinny jeans.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lift pretty often and I still wear a 36 jacket, which is to say that it didn't make me huge. As long as you don't start consuming a ton of calories it basically just makes you look better.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What makes it funnier is that Ricky Owens himself has more or less said, "Don't worry about clothes, dummy, get a great body" over and over.

Don't be like the girl who thinks she's going to turn into She-Hulk if she picks up a barbell or any weight that isn't used for aerobics. Hell, don't be like the guy who thinks his traps are going to swell and cover his ears and prevent him from listening to his ****** white people music because he picked up a barbell. It's very possible to consistently lift weights for years and look like you do not lift weights. I was walking proof of that.

uninkco

Reaction score

What makes it funnier is that Ricky Owens himself has more or less said, "Don't worry about clothes, dummy, get a great body" over and over.
Don't be like the girl who thinks she's going to turn into She-Hulk if she picks up a barbell or any weight that isn't used for aerobics. Hell, don't be like the guy who thinks his traps are going to swell and cover his ears and prevent him from listening to his ****** white people music because he picked up a barbell. It's very possible to consistently lift weights for years and look like you do not lift weights. I was walking proof of that.

?? It sounds like you haven't been properly lifting weights...

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's true. Almost any exercise whatsoever will lead you to develop huge thighs, and you'll never again be able to fit your now-muscular body into slim-fitting clothing, much less skinny jeans.

thanks for not being a neanderthal like everyone else..Remember SF I like Julius, which only fits people in my frame..

Also, you guys just love twisting what I say. I obviously meant body building doesnt fit my personality. I still run and exercise my body, and have like last time I checked 8% body fat, so stfu.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
meh, got my point out at least

lol @ APKs nonsense, wtf have you been lifting.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What, exactly, was your point? what the **** is this ****

you know what, i'm going to go get huge right now. ****, i probably won't fit into any of my pants afterwards

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Squats, deadlifts, bench press, rows, lunges, all that. I just didn't eat enough to facilitate much muscle growth. So if you look at pictures of me from when I first really started lifted four years ago and pictures of me from a year ago, there isn't a radical difference. Only once I started eating for growth (read: a lot more protein and slightly more calories) within the last eight or nine months did I start to put on some noticeable muscle.

That was my whole point. If you aren't eating for growth, you won't grow much with weight training, especially someone with your natural build.

But yes, easier to write it off as nonsense because it challenges something you said and allows you to once again feel like a brooding outsider who nobody understands.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, I have a headache from a fever im done.

ok, APK thats true. Wasn't thinking about that cuz I always associate weightlifting as something people do to build mass usually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads