• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
If I felt like burning through some money I'd go into Zara tomorrow and buy like 6 things of questionable quality.

Goombi

Reaction score

I just noticed the redesign of my-wardrobe.com and have to say (despite the obvious copying of MRPORTER) I'm quite impressed. How they style their clothes, the fit on their models, website organization etc. (they had already been doing a really good job providing fit pics for the footwear they sell). If only they started stocking more of my preferred brands.
Also, I've come to accept the fact that my head size leads inevitably to ruined collars on most tees and pullovers. I guess I'll kop cardis and scoop necks from now on :cloud:

Just popped on to take a look, and damn, it's mr porter's little brother

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

so, I have a weird "dilemma" I keep wearing a coat that I love how I look in, but it just feels uncomfortable worn because its not super tight like everything else I love wearing. Dunno, how to reconcile this besides get a smaller size, but its super hard to find...lol

my toj moto is actually pretty loose on me but looks really great; pics don't do it justice

just wear what looks good; pics lie

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my stooges, I kept getting bothered by the fact that it was slightly baggy in the armpits. I just like everything really tight. Coats are pretty difficult to accomplish this with, with my pencil frame.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Working out is modern couture :)

use to do it in highschool, I mean the main thing is muscles ive always thought doesnt fit my personality. Plus, with all the alcohol and cigarettes I dont think I'd get far nowadays. I already have trouble running cuz of this.

I think I'll consider it though, however I cant afford to make my thighs any bigger than they are.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
you don't have to run to lift weights. jet does pullups while smoking cigars

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

use to do it in highschool, I mean the main thing is muscles ive always thought doesnt fit my personality. Plus, with all the alcohol and cigarettes I dont think I'd get far nowadays. I already have trouble running cuz of this.
I think I'll consider it though, however I cant afford to make my thighs any bigger than they are.

wait...being fit and healthy doesn't fit your personality? You smoke too much so working out and running is too hard? Here's a tip: do it more. wtf

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
^ I lost my alcohol tolerance after taking some time off from drinking while I was sick (which seriously lasted about three weeks). I was borderline reeling after two beers (one of which was admittedly rather strong).

Realtalk, though, I was drinking way more (comic book character-level) and also smoking a couple of years ago, and I had the exact same body type I do now. I just rode my bike everywhere and lifted weights several days a week.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
you don't have to run to lift weights. jet does pullups while smoking cigars

and all of us drink like comic book characters

i don't do etiher :eek:

but i have other naughty indulgences while i do bench press to enhance my barrel-like chest -- my assistant always has plenty on hand.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

eternaldrake

Reaction score
hell no im not working out, muscles are for the big alpha jerks who beat me up after school everyday

stick

Reaction score
Ironically Lane has far more in common with this guy:
wm-ss-fat-guy.jpg

than this guy:
rickowens.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads