• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eason, do they have different stock of H&M in HK? i've been meaning to stop by local H&M but I hate to be disappointed.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Eason, do they have different stock of H&M in HK? i've been meaning to stop by local H&M but I hate to be disappointed.

Don't go to H&Ms enough to know really.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not exactly an industry secret that RRL is super anal and paranoid about how their products are sold, let alone even represented, online. I can't imagine that TBS would be so naive after months of talking with them that they believed they could go full-disclosure with RRL.

You don't know much about the label in that case. You realize that people have been selling RRL online for over a year or so, right?

What I imagine would have happened is that the reps would have said they 'should be able to, hopefully' sell it online and then yanked the plug once the order was done, which is believable IMO

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Been browsing through SZ WAYWT lately, and the women there are killin' it. Consistently better than most of the guys.

As a disclaimer, it's not like I'm going to start posting more interesting fits as a result of this. I've been wearing cuffed raw jeans and an AA henley pretty much the entire time.

Also, my motivation to leave the house has waned considerably since I've been painfully sick as of Tuesday night or so. Can't even drink beer. It's terrible. It's like, I want to want a beer, but I really don't want a beer. :confused:

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been browsing through SZ WAYWT lately, and the women there are killin' it. Consistently better than most of the guys.

As a disclaimer, it's not like I'm going to start posting more interesting fits as a result of this. I've been wearing cuffed raw jeans and an AA henley pretty much the entire time.

Also, my motivation to leave the house has waned considerably since I've been painfully sick as of Tuesday night or so. Can't even drink beer. It's terrible. It's like, I want to want a beer, but I really don't want a beer. :confused:

MBD is the best poster alive

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL is a marketing genius. How many other fashion brands can pull off such wide breath? RL can build a new Club Monaco in the malls, yet still have higher end boutiques like TBS begging to carry RRL. And they even have RL brand paint! Reminds me Harley Davidson.

Last edited:

East2West

Reaction score

There's one chick on SZ that wears like all Ann/Rick that kills it every time she posts a look. I know that probably doesn't narrow it down too much, but I do not remember her s/n

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just realized that as much as I like sweaters, I almost never wear the ones I have. Even in winter I get too hot wearing them. I have an amazing DBSS beige gradient sweater that always receives compliments, yet I wore it zero times last winter. Every time I put it on, I started sweating and ended up removing it 15 minutes later. How jet can have 200 knits and live in SoCal?

Last edited:

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you compare the best male posters to the best female posters, then there is not much difference. There is simply a far wider variety of guys than there are girls posting there. It is a very unusual women who posts to SZ, but many of the men appear to be regular guys who woke up one morning and decided they wanted to dress "goth ninja". The result is not pretty.

Another factor is that goth ninja is on its way out. Over time it is becoming increasing difficult to wear these styles without looking strange. However women will be judged less harshly when attempting this style since society is more accepting of women wearing unusual clothing.

Lastly you may be attracted sexually to the women. There are so few women on the forum that they come off as a novelty, similar to having an island with 100 men and 1 woman. This often results in the woman's outfits being viewed more favorably.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hasnt been goth ninja been "on the out" for a while now. Although people consider rick to be quite mainstream now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads