• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that it's ******* stupid to wear polos and furthermore, 95% of the people wearing them have a horrible fit.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've come to the conclusion that it's ******* stupid to wear polos and furthermore, 95% of the people wearing them have a horrible fit.

I got sucked into that bodybuilding dotcom link from the "do i look dumb" thread last night..

It was bad but I couldn't stop reading.. :embar:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work out a lot AND I'm in FL, so it pains me to say that's what almost all my buddies consider normal summer dress. Every ******* time, sperrys and god damn polo. What's worse is the recent trend for like 40 and 50 year old dads who wear the Under Armour polos in like size XL, which is like size XXXXXXXXXXXL in any designer label. Seriously, WTF

EDIT: HAHA I clicked on that link just to see what you were talking about.......TOO ******* funny that on the 2nd page.....don't you know somebody posts from my city here in Gainesville.

'Right now wearing...

White Polo RL frocket tee
Light Blue Polo RL shorts
Light Brown Sperry's

We keep it Fratty in Gville '

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Porter packaging is incredible. Hanging bag with a name card, big gift bag, all in a huge box. Made me feel like a true baller even when buying at 70% off. And to top it off, the Jil bomber is absolutely perfect. I also bought a wings and horns terry blazer last week and was undecided about it until I tried on the Jil and realized how clothing is supposed to make you feel, which made the decision easy. The wings and horns is going back and I'm looking at Jil, Lanvin, and possibly KVA blazers now. Luckily I'm a 42 so some good things drop into my budget range on sale.

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I didn't realize porter's sale ended last night. Was going to kop this Prorsum sweater but it's no longer : (

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it interesting that the sale section just dissappeared today. I'm guessing they just write all that stuff off as a loss and sell it to yoox or whatever in order to keep up their image as a (the?) premier online retailer.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol @ polos

i been sayin that **** for years ******* jetstradamus ya heard yall always late to the game

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. Porter packaging is incredible. Hanging bag with a name card, big gift bag, all in a huge box. Made me feel like a true baller even when buying at 70% off. And to top it off, the Jil bomber is absolutely perfect. I also bought a wings and horns terry blazer last week and was undecided about it until I tried on the Jil and realized how clothing is supposed to make you feel, which made the decision easy. The wings and horns is going back and I'm looking at Jil, Lanvin, and possibly KVA blazers now. Luckily I'm a 42 so some good things drop into my budget range on sale.
did you get the navy jersey/poly bomber. i love it.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, same one. You picked it up from Barney's? I was eyeing it there and hated to see it go, but Mr. Porter came through for me.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no. mr. porter as well. fantastic store/company. i bought it a few weeks ago. been my go to on cool summer nights, which has been far and few between.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Zara today for the first time, goddamn awful place. Proves that slim fit is not the be-all and end-all of clothing.

I will +1 the Mr Porter comments, very good retailer.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About one size, I think. The guy who does all of the work said they'd heat up the sole a bit to stretch that as well, since otherwise the rubber would pull the leather back into its pre-stretch size.

I'll report back when I get them back, probably in the vicinity of a week.

Thanks. I want to get my Bballs stretched out a wee bit but I need to find a good enough cobbler here. Most common's a chain of stores and the people who work there are all idiots.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Had an unpaid item claim filed on me because I forgot I won an item (got locked out of my Yahoo account on all but my iPhone), stupidly trivial amount (under 10 GBP iirc), at least they were cool about it because it's one of my favorite sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads