Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Junkadelic in Tokyo is pretty good, pricy as fuck though for mexican

In other news, the cute 20 yr old girl girl in the copy room I've been hitting on and getting lunch with lately.. has a husband and a one year old daughter. Woops!

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

^haha.

Love junkadelic, great food and atmosphere. Too pricy though. There's a few other decent spots in that part of nakame. I went to an amazing izakaya there are years back, just a few blocks south of the station.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

whats the verdict on Gainesville, Florida? Thinking of visiting a lab at the university there for a couple /up to 5-6 months, but unsure how enjoyable it would be outside of research...

I dunno, could be culture shock for you coming from fashionable Europe. It is a fun place though, it's a big college town, like a tiny country full of 20-something year olds. On the other hands it is north Florida, there's no escaping it. PM Chrono, he went to UF and lived there for some years. My best friend is there and he likes it enough but ymmv.

ARW it all depends on the person who makes it. Not to be racist, but everyone that isn't hispanic makes a pretty damn terrible burrito at Chipotle, haha.

yeah I know this is true, I've had decently made burritos there before, but every time I've gone recently it's been burrito bombs [​IMG]

Have you been to this chipotle? The chorizo is fucking awesome. Here's the link

Plus, when compared to the other similarly priced options in that location, it's actually a good choice.

In conclusion, get off my dick.

I fly back up next Monday. I don't eat Chipotle when I'm NYC usually but I'll check this out sometime, pretty cool.

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

In other news, the cute 20 yr old girl girl in the copy room I've been hitting on and getting lunch with lately.. has a husband and a one year old daughter. Woops!

lol! so nonchalant too-"woops" [​IMG]

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

homebreaker abroad

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm glad Seoul has a Chipotle ripoff that's cheap.

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

haha, sorry if this was posted two years ago but this is interesting (and the Detail slideshow too)

[​IMG]

not going to take a stand on whether Detail actually improved the outfit but wonder what people think?

They ditched the baller hi-tops - in favor of Clark's DBs, no less - but kept those hideous jeans?

I'll say the following:

- That's not my favorite colorway on those.
    - I agree that they make him look shorter.
    - The real issue is that he's doing a terribad job of wearing them.

sq always looked way, way better in his (which were in a better colorway), and I'm pretty sure he's not 6'3" or anything.

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

yeah sq is a shorter dude wanna say like 5'6-5'8ish? the "hightops/boots don't work for short guys" thing is really dumb. pictures taken from certain angles always make people look short anyway.

9. asobu

asobu Senior member

I need sandals for summer, to wear with suits and spring coats.

10. fuku

fuku Member

yeah sq is a shorter dude wanna say like 5'6-5'8ish? the "hightops/boots don't work for short guys" thing is really dumb. pictures taken from certain angles always make people look short anyway.
    It does actually have a little truth behind it.

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Had a bit of a nerdy moment at the bookstore today when I noticed the old Oki-Ni model staring at me from the cover of a magazine; I guess he's involved in LN-CC. There's a neat little feature on LN-CC in the most recent issue of Frame with some pretty good pictures of the inside of the store.

read this, cool article. the blonde guy that modeled for oki ni is a part owner of Late night chameleon club (ln-cc). did not know. takes you inside the store and comments on how they model their clothes; sort of a blend of different brands to create an awesome aesthetic(which someone once pointed out here iirc)

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

i need more brands that sell interesting black shirts, but arent too sophisticated/artisan.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

14. Rover!

Rover! Senior member

Only in pics. A 6'3 guy wearing high tops is still going to look 6'3 when you see him in real life.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I'm actually gonna argue that tucks do make you look shorter.

The best way to look taller is an unbroken vertical line from your legs to your shoes. Tucks not only break that line, but reduce the vertical line of your legs down. (Uncuffed jeans, dark boots with non-contrast though still-height-adding soles, and shorter jackets all give you an impression of "height")

Furthermore, sneaker tucks emphasize the proportion between your legs and your feet. The tuck is gonna look "smaller" if you're taller and "bigger" if you're shorter. It's equivalent to wearing a jacket that's too long (in terms of looking disproportionate).

However, whether that matters or not is another question. Style isn't just about looking taller or shorter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.