Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

^if this is true at all (and I suspect it's kind of a faulty logic), it is only true in pictures, and it is really negligible because seriously, how much vertical distance are you losing from a sneaker tongue or the top of a boot that you would "gain" from a low top shoe? ankle height at most, some maybe a few inches?, unless we're talking taller boots which aren't really popular here. (although Stazy's boots recently got a lot of love, that's probably the first time we've soon boots like that in waywt for a while)

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

This whole discussion is absurd, those hightops or whatever draw your eyes to those things and make you realize the person is short. It's not that they look shorter but you notice their shortness from those things. A 6'3" dude at certain camera angles can look 5"6".

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

People here thought I was like 5'2" even though I'm 5'11" [​IMG] Solo photos can easily make you look shorter/taller.

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'd say a jacket that's too long just makes you look like you're wearing clothing that's too big for you.

I agree that tucks, stacks, and cuffs all break up the lines of the legs by shortening the length of the visually unbroken line, but how much does that really matter if you're not a woman? I'm sure there are exceptions, but it doesn't seem to me that men's fashions place the same sort of emphasis on a long, slender leg.

Maybe I'm just being insensitive because I'm tall and have long, slender legs.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd assume long and slender body is pretty damn desirable for men at the moment when you consider the average male model.
    ^if this is true at all (and I suspect it's kind of a faulty logic), it is only true in pictures, and it is really negligible because seriously, how much vertical distance are you losing from a sneaker tongue or the top of a boot that you would "gain" from a low top shoe? ankle height at most, some maybe a few inches?, unless we're talking taller boots which aren't really popular here. (although Stazy's boots recently got a lot of love, that's probably the first time we've soon boots like that in waywt for a while)
    A few inches makes a HUGE difference, even in taller people. The bigger problem is that your leg is going to look longer when it gets more slender towards the ankle... and a bulky sneaker ruins that. Luckily wearing clothes isn't just about looking tall.

Also I'm not sure why Stazy's fit got love here; even he realized it looked off.

Only in pics. A 6'3 guy wearing high tops is still going to look 6'3 when you see him in real life.

Pretty much this. Pics lie.

6. theom-

theom- Senior member

7. 1up

1up Senior member

APC just gets worse and worse [​IMG]

haha top looks like it's from mark's work wearhouse

8. APK

APK Senior member

You didn't even show the worst pieces.

9. 1up

1up Senior member

They ditched the baller hi-tops - in favor of Clark's DBs, no less - but kept those hideous jeans? I'll say the following: - That's not my favorite colorway on those. - I agree that they make him look shorter. - The real issue is that he's doing a terribad job of wearing them. sq always looked way, way better in his (which were in a better colorway), and I'm pretty sure he's not 6'3" or anything.
    yeh I prefer the uniqueness of the first, but the proportions are whack, cardi drops elongates his torso and jeans bunching shrink his legs. I'd like to see the margiela's with the blue cardi

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

ToJ thread is depressing me a little, lot's of nice jackets but too many people fucking with measurements ("Yeah I'm planning to gain 40 lb. and 5 inches in my chest to make sure its two sizes bigger").

11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

12. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

cool, i hope raf simons collection is better than F/W 2011/12

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

man, getting refunded from a proxy is a tiresomely long process.....

angering me quite abit

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

I suppose it's better than not being able to return it, and no one wanting it on here or on Ebay :\\

15. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I always ignore s/s until sale season hits.....FUCK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.