Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

i just think its annoying to have people buying shit if their whole intention is to resell to lazy people who don't proxy for x2 the price. I mean its smart as hell, and I guess its a good profit, but its a nuisance when I'm trying to bid on shit. I'm just salty I guess

2. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

shit I got you mixed up with KVC and my whole major life changes joke was ruined!!!!!

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

sounds like you were really dying to use it if you got him mixed up with me

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

shit I got you mixed up with KVC and my whole major life changes joke was ruined!!!!!

lol, i knew this sounded out of place when i read it[​IMG]

5. connor

connor Senior member

sounds like you were really dying to use it if you got him mixed up with me

or youre an inconsequential enough poster to confuse with others

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

nah, ive gotten pretty infamous

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

My GF is going to NY for break... I get to stay home and do absolutely nothing [​IMG]
    None of my friends have jobs or any money saved up either, or I'd do a road trip or something

Edit: Actually, it'll be nice to do nothing for a week

might come thru chi town soon, well relatively soon. gotta meet up with globe for dinner.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

unless he's misrepresenting the items i dont see whats bad about selling something for more than you bought it for? after all, thats how pretty much 100% of retail businesses work.

OK, I think it's pretty ridiculous to compare a retail store buying items at wholesale prices from the manufacturer/designer to a dude who is scalping items and reselling them on a community that probably would've liked to buy them from the original source in the first place. There's nothing illegal about what he's doing, but it definitely falls into shady territory to me. It's not like the dude walked into a Salvation Army and there was a shitload of Julius.

9. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

OK, I think it's pretty ridiculous to compare a retail store buying items at wholesale prices from the manufacturer/designer to a dude who is scalping items and reselling them on a community that probably would've liked to buy them from the original source in the first place. There's nothing illegal about what he's doing, but it definitely falls into shady territory to me. It's not like the dude walked into a Salvation Army and there was a shitload of Julius.

i don't think reselling is shady but lane sums it up nicely. it's just frustrating getting outbid by a reseller who doesn't give a shite about the item.

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

one time i got a ticket from a scalper for free the market corrects itself.

11. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Ughh I am debating wether or not to get my trousers tailored. They look great when I am looking at them straight on from the front(due to the pleats most likely) but from the side it looks like my legs are three times the size.(I have chicken legs) I hate being so picky about things.

12. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yeah but if you decide to stop following an auction to have fun drinking instead then why get upset at the outcome? Reads to me like "Wah wah wah i put in a bid vulnerable to sniping and then didn't cover my bases to prevent sniping. Got outbid by someone who was willing to pay more than me while I doing things I found to be more important. Bastard resellers!"

Profiteers suck, but that Lane didn't win the item is his own fault.

13. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

'hi im robert geller, i ran out of ideas i could lift form plokhov, so im just gonna put random strings on my clothing and charge you $400 for a dip dye sweatshirt that looks like something a 16 year old made'

+1. So disappointing. I always want to like him and then.... I think the man is still a great stylist. I'd love to see him helm a small boutique or something and leave the designing to um err designers.

14. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Does yahoo japan have some sort of rule where you are only allowed to win auctions when competing against a guy who can't bid because he's out drinking if you don't resell it for 2x on superfuture/sz?

Should report him.

LOL

He's probably just selling the shit that didn't work out for him and marking up for the inevitable drops. I can't imagine there being a good profit/labor ratio on such activity.

15. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Either way, can't knock the hustle.

NYC people,
    1. Good, relatively cheap places to stay in New York? Not looking to spend too much on hotels when I'm there (I obvs. realize that it'll cost way more than most places, either way).

2. What stores are actually worth going to? I don't want to spend all my time wandering around random wasteland boutiques and such, so I only want to go to the ones that are "worth it." Was specifically thinking of going to:
    Comme des Garcons
    Atelier
    Barney's
    I* B******* a.k.a. Scott's Secret Squirrel Spot
    Costume National

Any of these places suck? Any other places essential?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.