• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
jil @ barneys is laughable

also bloomingdales is apparently carrying apc, acne and unis now for the aspiring style mavens who shop at the mall which is good news for all of us

__CB__

Reaction score
My eBay search lists are out of control.... like 100+ brands. Luckily I'm only on there once every week or two at most.

Don't really get why you'd need to be searching for the same thing every day.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
jil @ barneys is laughable also bloomingdales is apparently carrying apc, acne and unis now for the aspiring style mavens who shop at the mall which is good news for all of us
theres a hidden button hooded duffle that they just got in which is imo the perfect piece of outerwear for me, at least. 2.2k tho

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fiercevic
Short sleeve shirts are popular now, but get them in fashion colors or fabrics. Plain white S/S shirts make you look like Mormon missionary. http://littlemissjudgment.files.word...pg?w=498&h=750

What is a fashion fabric? I like woven cotton but now I'm afraid my Band shirt is going to make me look like a Mormon missionary, being made of woven cotton?

**** this fashion stuff is so hard.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You get reminded of your surroundings when you wear something "unusual." I've been wearing a straw fedora the last couple of weeks, and while I've gotten a lot of compliments, I've been called Jason Mraz by no fewer than three people. One was a complete stranger that I passed in the mall. Then tonight, I guess some of the teenage waitresses at this diner were talking about how I looked Amish.

Shoulda stuck with the baseball cap and cargo shorts, right?

It's amusing, because you go to a place like Brooklyn and you almost feel like a tool wearing something like a fedora, since it seems like every other person you pass with a dick is wearing a straw hat of some sort.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I got "Flock of Seagulls" last Friday night (1:30am-ish) from a 40y/o fat dude in a sweaty polo, plaid cargo shorts and flip-flops. He was having problems keeping his gyro from spilling all over himself.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He was having problems keeping his gyro from spilling all over himself.
Ha! It's not often intended humor in the SW&D forum is actually, you know, funny. Well done.

We've had this discussion before and really, taking it all with a grain of salt is the best approach given where the criticisms usually come from.

My brother is visiting for the week and couldn't shut up about my salmon-colored shorts. He must have made snide comments about them four or five times in the first 10 minutes he was home. He said these things while wearing some Puma shoes that looked like golf shoes, a baseball cap, and this awkward MLB polo a friend gave him that draped a lot in the shoulders, but was shrunken in the body. He genuinely looked like a softball umpire. Sad thing is, he's got the broad shoulders and slimmer waist that would carry a lot of SF-loved pieces well.

At least with him, he later admitted that he thought almost everything I wear is weird, but then five minutes later, he likes it.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
At least there's some cause for people seeing synthese's KVA tuck fits as out of the ordinary. I got "nice shirt" (sarcastically) last week from a stranger for wearing a ******* white polo. Literally, a fitted polo. Apparently if it's not baggy it's wrong? I don't even know. I was golfing earlier. People don't have any clue what to hate on, they'll hate on anything. Dude would have been dumbstruck at marble blazer I guess.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

also bloomingdales is apparently carrying apc, acne and unis now for the aspiring style mavens who shop at the mall which is good news for all of us

yah, the one in NYC had nudies as well.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
yah, the one in NYC had nudies as well.

Bloomingdales in my area had Nudies for 2 years now.

Originally Posted by jet

While I agree, it is better than nothing. Which Barneys did you visit? the one in BH? I think they might be getting more in stock though. They pretty much just have a rack for each brands like MMM, Lanvin, Dior, AMcQ, Balenciaga, etc... I found at least 1-2 nice pieces from each brands though.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
You get reminded of your surroundings when you wear something "unusual." I've been wearing a straw fedora the last couple of weeks, and while I've gotten a lot of compliments, I've been called Jason Mraz by no fewer than three people. One was a complete stranger that I passed in the mall. Then tonight, I guess some of the teenage waitresses at this diner were talking about how I looked Amish. Shoulda stuck with the baseball cap and cargo shorts, right? It's amusing, because you go to a place like Brooklyn and you almost feel like a tool wearing something like a fedora, since it seems like every other person you pass with a dick is wearing a straw hat of some sort.
There's a Lanvin wool/cashmere fedora on the 'bay, it'll crush any hipster hat.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
While I agree, it is better than nothing. Which Barneys did you visit? the one in BH? I think they might be getting more in stock though. They pretty much just have a rack for each brands like MMM, Lanvin, Dior, AMcQ, Balenciaga, etc... I found at least 1-2 nice pieces from each brands though.

I meant the jil @ barneys (and in general) is weak so far.

I caught two people staring at my vandals today at work and one literally looked at me and then down at them about 4 times but neither said anything. Awestrucksome. I crushed the sidewalks of silverlake in them yesterday while being surrounded by chrono clones.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
ahahahahahhaha

I can't believe that's not you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads