• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I guess 'jacket', 'shirt' or 'sweater' might confuse people
plain.gif

But having a bigger vocabulary makes you more interesting to listen to or read.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why would you post a big sale thread in the B&S forum and then proceed to disappear after?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
If these tiny things annoy people so much how do they function at all?? "IS THAT A REAL SIGNET RING?? IZ IT OMFG META TROLLD IRL!!"
Doesn't make sense to call it a signet ring. It's just a ring, a plain, boring ring. It's like calling a sweater a cardigan.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Design aside, is RO good quality or not? I am starting to have serious doubts. I've only worn my DRKSHDW jeans 3 times and the following problems have developed:

1. Hole in the butt where the rear pocket attaches. The excessive amount of reinforced stitching appears to have caused the fabric to become weak and just tear apart.

2. Hole in the leg where the leg dart begins. Again, it appears the excessive stitching has weakened the fabric.

3. The leg darts appear to be coming apart.

I recall kunk saying the the darts often tear out on RO jeans, so perhaps my experience is not unique. Fortunately I didn't pay much for the DRKSHDW jeans. Makes me very hesitant to pay full price for RO anything. Made in Italy clearly doesn't mean ****.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I really like J.Crew women's.

I think you really only like the end result of the highly stylized photo shoot. From my wife's experience with J. Crew, the clothing looks really cheap in person and the fit is often far worse than the pictures would imply.

My wife (and also myself) tend towards simple, non-layered outfits. With some labels you try on a top + bottom and it looks great without much effort. But J. Crew is not like this! The pieces all by themselves are so cheap looking that you pretty much have to distract the audience with crazy layering in order to make it work.

It's a bit like coffee. Plain black coffee tastes great if it's high quality and brewed with care. But plain Foldgers/Starbucks/etc is nasty stuff. So everyone adds stuff like sugar, chocolate, and cream to it.

Most people are skilled at knowing how to doctor their cheap coffee, but can the same be said of their clothing skills? Considering their customer base, J. Crew's photo shoots seem the most misleading/dishonest of all.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chronicles is a big joke on everyone, that guy deffinitly trolls IRL

Started ksubi, bailed, doing chronicles, will bail shortly, will start another venture and proceed to bail etc etc

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dislike ebay sellers who won't declare pieces as goods/at low value, almost as much as I dislike customs in these times of peasantness. I also dislike finding such a great piece and not being able to afford it. Most of my problems at the moment seem to be me not having enough money to buy things I don't really need. It's ridiculous to complain about **** like this, I feel like a douche.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
My wife (and also myself) tend towards simple, non-layered outfits. With some labels you try on a top + bottom and it looks great without much effort. But J. Crew is not like this! The pieces all by themselves are so cheap looking that you pretty much have to distract the audience with crazy layering in order to make it work.

Yeah those pictures looked really cool but I didn't really like any of the individual clothing items very much.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
re: "piece"

It drives me nuts when chefs always introduce their food on some foodie show by saying, "we have a" "we have a" "we have a" "we have a". "WE" don't "HAVE" anything, it's a plate of food.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People on SF are so highly strung

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
J. Crew isn't the be-all, end-all of mall-level clothing, but it gets the job done when the sales and clearance racks come into play. It's been so humid lately that purchasing some shorts became unavoidable. We don't even have a proper J. Crew store nearby, just the factory iteration. Still, pretty much everything was marked down by at least 30 percent.

Finally took the plunge on some salmon-colored shorts for $25. I almost bought some chinos in the same color because they were marked down to $20, but they only had regular fit, which were too baggy for my tastes, even in a summer context. All the secret wash shirts were 40 percent off, but they had enough of the patterns/colors I was interested in to hold off until they get further marked down.

While I understand the backlash the brand gets around here, it's still great for the spring-summer seasons, since I'd rather not blow much money while experimenting with bolder colors and patterns.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Might get a free trip to Jersey/NYC soon
bounce2.gif
Wallet will be slayed

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
^
351xv20.jpg

lol thanks willy It's true though people are really high strung on SF Anything can totally destroy their day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads