• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
trying to make myself as sexy as possible.
lol8[1].gif

A concern i mercifully dispensed with long ago

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Yep, there's nothing about that fit that interests me. Looks like some guy dressed for another day at the office.

I guess what interests me is that it still has an amazing silhouette despite the fact that the pants aren't slim.

different strokes.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Vox guy is great, are his suits MtM/bespoke?
Dude looks legit, his "casual" outfits are so well put together

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
where the hell do you live that the average person is wearing a suit that fits perfectly, along with shoes that aren't square toe kenneth coles?
I don't mean to imply that his fit is the average for where I live, or anywhere, I meant that it looks very business-y and uninteresting to me. It's cool if you're really into the fit of the suit and like the outfit, but to me it's just kinda lame and conservative. I don't understand why people are showering him with praise for it.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i was just being amused by the stiffness of the photo, not giving a critique of his suit/him as a whole

chill out

to be fair he even criticized himself on that by doing a photoshop of a bunch of mannequins being set up at a shop except it was all one of his fits

brings up a good point about how a few small things like posture/hair/glasses can change the overall feel of the pic. Compare these two:

2v1172s.jpg
2a6la4w.jpg

tell me if I would have gotten any praise at all for the second pic

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
i think that even though we're judging pictures, we can't remove the "human" element of personality and other important elements -- such as facial appearance and hair style -- from an outfit

none of these things are exclusive of each other, they're all parts of a greater "stylish person"

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the nice things about minimum-wage work is you can generally go on autopilot and let your mind wander.

To that end:

I like my women like I like my denim: slim, tight, and slightly distressed.
I like my women like I like my overcoats: cheap, tan, and double-breasted.
I like my women like I like my shoes: cool and attractive, but it's only a matter of time until you see Kanye in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads