• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
What the ****, GILT? Come on.
med.jpg

already posted it here and luled

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I'm not really doing anything these days that would justify any sort of formal wear. I'm quasi-friends with a lot of the artsy fartsy people in the city who like to drink cheap wine and pretend they know a lot about art. I should start making more time with them, since they frequent the types of gatherings and events where a khaki suit would go over well. Of course, I say all of this retrospectively, since the suit I had in mind was at an H&M in NYC. The closest one here is a 90-minute drive and it's an outlet version at that. Fit was pretty spot on (slim fit instead of regular, FWIW) and the materials felt nice for the price ($200). Man, one more swipe of the credit card wouldn't have been so bad. Speaking of suits, I got word that the father of a high school buddy of mine died on Monday. Funeral is tomorrow. I'm going and actually felt like a shallow person when one of my first thoughts was, "****, I really don't have an appropriate dark suit for this."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Not saying that this is akin to you, of course. Just spreading some White Lies love

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Speaking of suits, I got word that the father of a high school buddy of mine died on Monday. Funeral is tomorrow. I'm going and actually felt like a shallow person when one of my first thoughts was, "****, I really don't have an appropriate dark suit for this."

"Sweet, excuse to buy a dark suit!"
would've been a bit worse.

Originally Posted by aeglus
I wear suits whenever just for the hell of it, just start doing that.

I've been really jealous of you being able to wear suits. I'm already getting bored of leather, tee, jeans, boots.

That statement may just give me enough reason to get one.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found out during my layover on the way back from NYC. Truth be told, had I gotten the news six or seven hours earlier, I would've likely at least looked at some suits while still in the city. But I wouldn't have been pumped about it, so I still think that keeps me out of "*************" territory.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thing with suits is, make sure you have the right context to wear them. Wearing a suit while taking classes at university might not be the best of ideas but wearing one while going out to drink or going off to the city to look around can be sorta fun. And as much as I want to say that it's ok to wear what you want whenever, if all your buddies are wearing shorts and tshirt while you're wearing a suit, you'll be the awkward one no matter how much steeze you've got. In other news...

17-06-2010 \t10:42 \tDelivery Agent - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF \tParcel delivered

Hopefully these shoes fit since I know Tricker's are a bit wider than other shoes.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Thing with suits is, make sure you have the right context to wear them. Wearing a suit while taking classes at university might not be the best of ideas but wearing one while going out to drink or going off to the city to look around can be sorta fun. And as much as I want to say that it's ok to wear what you want whenever, if all your buddies are wearing shorts and tshirt while you're wearing a suit, you'll be the awkward one no matter how much steeze you've got. In other news...

yeah definitely wouldn't wear it around class.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Seriously though I think people massively overestimate the context thing, sure, everyone else wearing a t shirt and shorts while you're wearing a charcoal suit and tie with black cap toe bals is one thing, but situations like that are few and far between. I really think if you do it up right you can wear a suit in probably 75% of all contexts and make it work just fine.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Seriously though I think people massively overestimate the context thing, sure, everyone else wearing a t shirt and shorts while you're wearing a charcoal suit and tie with black cap toe bals is one thing, but situations like that are few and far between. I really think if you do it up right you can wear a suit in probably 75% of all contexts and make it work just fine.

but not uni.

Could wear it on weekends, lazy day out to movie even, if i had a fashiony type suit, nicelynice style.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits are uncomfortable, it's fun to dress up, but enjoy t-shirts and jeans while you can!!!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Suits are uncomfortable, it's fun to dress up, but enjoy t-shirts and jeans while you can!!!

Only if they're really tight and slim. Some of the suit stuff I wear are my most comfortable clothes.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBrown85
Dude. Sauder.
Better off dressing like a douchebag than dressing like a tool, there. And wearing a suit to business school does make you look like a bit of a tool. You could carry it off maybe, with no tie, a really casual shirt, fashion cut and maybe even a sleeve roll or something, but you'd still be pushing it a bit. School is pretty much the epitome of that 25% where it's contextually disallowed. At least in Curtis people would probably assume you had a court appearance or an interview or something.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Negatory

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thighs are getting bigger faster than the rest of my body
should I stop doing squats?? Or just start hulking out of my Diors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads