Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nil

Nil Senior member

^^^^^^^^

Cosigned. Very strange and stiff looking.

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

i dunno, to me that just looks like an amazing tailor has done an amazing job.

Keep in mind that i'm pretty sure Vox lifts, and IRL has Kunk-like proportions. He could do much slimmer suit with slimmer, lower rise pants if he wanted to, but it'd just look weird.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

You guys realize he's going to... um, move in real life right? Just looks like a statue in a picture. Fit is near perfect, it's not the cut I would choose for myself but any nitpicking you could make would be a matter of personal preference (ie I would want narrower lapel, slightly slimmer sleeve, maybe a touch more waist suppression, little bit of break... etc). He knows what he's doing / what he wants and he's clearly got it. I guess he could benefit from a different tie, don't like that shade.

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

[​IMG] Picture sans coat is so good.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

They're both good. Yfyf is kind of on a different level, I can't remember a suit pic of his that I could find fault with. Even the crazy fabric stuff.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

[​IMG] [left pic clickable for larger image] Wings+Horns denim jacket (made in Japan) J. Crew (!) chambray work shirt Crate for Farinelli's jeans Ironheart cowhide belt RM Williams chelseas
    [​IMG] Wings+Horn Cowichan cardigan Oxxford (by Kiton) buttondown shirt Nom de Guerre Classic Fit jeans in gray and cream reverse weft selvage denim Ironheart cowhide belt RM Williams chelseas
    [​IMG] The Flat Head flannel shirt 5EP for StyleForum denim Ironheart cowhide belt R.M. Williams chelseas
    Vox pwns.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

The cowichan in particular is beyond my ability to approve of in this limited, internet forum medium. Qualifies for grail piece.

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

This is going to sound overly analytical, and it is, but what some MC posters do well--vox and iammatt come to mind, and really I don't read it much anymore--is kind of a winking embrace of formalism. The better dressers know the rules and know how silly they are, but still choose to play on that field in a way they find interesting. The overall effect may seem stiff or anal, but I think dismissing it as boring or just coloring within the lines is myopic.

Maybe I'm just jealous of their wealth of both money and snark

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

[​IMG]

Picture sans coat is so good.

Height of the collar versus slimness of the lapels really bugs me, not a good YFYF outfit IMHO. Note that it might be the angle. The coat looks great though....

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

[​IMG]

11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Vox pwns.

These are good fits, but the one in the suit is just lifeless and boring. Good example of how to follow all the rules and still look styless. No wonder hendrix likes it (8). I think shoreman is thinking too much into it, even if he's a good dresser doesn't mean he's infallible. Or maybe I just haven't had the MC kool-aid yet

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

This is going to sound overly analytical, and it is, but what some MC posters do well--vox and iammatt come to mind, and really I don't read it much anymore--is kind of a winking embrace of formalism. The better dressers know the rules and know how silly they are, but still choose to play on that field in a way they find interesting. The overall effect may seem stiff or anal, but I think dismissing it as boring or just coloring within the lines is myopic.

Maybe I'm just jealous of their wealth of both money and snark

Taking the concept of developing a wardrobe/personal style for the sake of an internet community to the next level. [​IMG] I guess it's cool, dunno, people say (complain) that no one IRL would notice our style but seriously, does the comparison even need to be made? Obviously MC is more or less a uniform so it's a bit unfair but nonetheless, it seems like a significantly more personal quest for satisfaction then, for instance mine, which really just involves me trying to make myself as sexy as possible. [​IMG]

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

These are good fits, but the one in the suit is just lifeless and boring. Good example of how to follow all the rules and still look styless. No wonder hendrix likes it (8). I think shoreman is thinking too much into it, even if he's a good dresser doesn't mean he's infallible. Or maybe I just haven't had the MC kool-aid yet

hmmm.

Do you really think if you saw him in that suit in the street you would think he's styleless?

If i saw him amongst the myriad of young professionals, who now all wear slim fit suits with low rise flat front pants (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, it's just ubiquitous now), i definitely think he'd stand out. also his shoes are fucking sexy.

but i don't like his tie.

14. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

hmmm.

Do you really think if you saw him in that suit in the street you would think he's styleless?

Yep, there's nothing about that fit that interests me. Looks like some guy dressed for another day at the office.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yep, there's nothing about that fit that interests me. Looks like some guy dressed for another day at the office.

where the hell do you live that the average person is wearing a suit that fits perfectly, along with shoes that aren't square toe kenneth coles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.