• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

green garden

Reaction score
First pair of Rancourts, plus a little surprise in the box:

Natural CXL, natural midsole, natural RLH crepe sole
Self-laced, blind eyelets
Flat backstay

Nice surprise!

Would be interested to hear about how the crepe sole feels with the loafer. I have a Blake shoe with a crepe. The crepe is really comfortable, but I find that it can be heavy. I'm on the fence about getting a beefroll with crepe because I'm afraid it would be heavy and stiff and would cause slipping.

tanbar

Reaction score
Nice surprise!

Would be interested to hear about how the crepe sole feels with the loafer. I have a Blake shoe with a crepe. The crepe is really comfortable, but I find that it can be heavy. I'm on the fence about getting a beefroll with crepe because I'm afraid it would be heavy and stiff and would cause slipping.

I haven't worn it around that much, but immediately after putting it on it is incredibly comfortable. I find it to be a lot less stiff and rigid than a new leather sole, also feels lighter overall.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Any recommendations on what kind of glue would work best to reattach the half-insoles to the bottom of my ranger mocs? One of them came out and superglue isn't keeping it in.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Any recommendations on what kind of glue would work best to reattach the half-insoles to the bottom of my ranger mocs? One of them came out and superglue isn't keeping it in.

You need something thicker. Rubber cement or shoo goo I'd imagine.

Albert Yi

Reaction score
What I would do for a pair of Parisian Blue boat shoes...the navy just doesn't cut it. Boat shoes are a summer shoe and Parisian Blue is such a summer color. What can I do to get a pair? Parisian Blue doesn't show up in the Rancourt MTO selector.

dusttruffle

Reaction score
^^ I am breaking in a pair of beefrolls .5 < brannock. Definitely tight and a little painful, but stretching is already noticeable 2 days in.

My beefrolls in Brannock did not work for me. They did at first, but eventually stretched too much. But that is for my feet.

what worked for me (really well) was going down in size and up in width.
I am TrueBalance 8D and Barrie LWD 8D but other Barrie shoes are a little tight across the instep - I am 8E in lace up Van lasted shoes
--- basically i am borderline 8.5 D->E TTS.
Went for 8EE in beefroll Rancourt CXL and they are a great fit, short enough to not have to worry about heelslip even with some stretch (hopefully). They are really nice and tightly snug across the instep but not uncomfortable, holding the foot in place. Lengthwise the heel is tight enough to struggle without a shoehorn.

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall someone posting a while back that Rancourt suggested using contact cement for this purpose, and revealed that it is what they use to glue them down at the factory.

(available at any hardware store.)

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What I would do for a pair of Parisian Blue boat shoes...the navy just doesn't cut it. Boat shoes are a summer shoe and Parisian Blue is such a summer color. What can I do to get a pair? Parisian Blue doesn't show up in the Rancourt MTO selector.

you can email through Rancourt's website and get a quote for the parisian blue boat shoes. good luck!

gmmiddle

Reaction score
I'm wondering about these with a red brick sole.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've pretty much decided to go with the Parisian blue as my first Rancourt shoe. Now I'm trying to decide whether to go with a ranger moc with the RLH sole or a boat shoe with the honey boat sole like pictured above.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ranger Moc is a pretty year round shoes, if that's what you are looking for. I wear my ranger moc year round, but boat shoes for summer, late spring, early fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads