• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Anybody here buying pairs of the current Spring Pre-Sale offerings? For my son I've purchased a pair of the Venetian. I've had a pair of these for about a year and like them very much; the Vibram mini lug is outsole is a good match for the beefy Chromepak leather upper.
I was considering picking up a pair of ranger mocs but given the issues I’ve been having (see earlier posts) I’m holding off on any more purchases until that’s resolved.

DG123

Reaction score
I was considering picking up a pair of ranger mocs but given the issues I’ve been having (see earlier posts) I’m holding off on any more purchases until that’s resolved.
You returned a pair and have not received either a store credit or a credit back to your credit card?

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
You returned a pair and have not received either a store credit or a credit back to your credit card?
That is correct. I purchased shoes last November. I decided I did not want them and returned them to Rancourt via FedEx within a week. I tracked the shipment and saw that it had arrived but I received no notification or refund from Rancourt. I know from past experience that they only process returns once per month so I was not concerned.

After a few weeks went by I sent an email asking about my refund. No response. I sent another email and called a few weeks later. No response. Since December I have been calling and leaving messages as well as emailing with not as much as an acknowledgement from Rancourt. I even reached out to their social media accounts and no response. In the past I have been quite satisfied with their customer service who typically replied to me via email within 24 hours. I have no idea what is going on now but I know at least one other poster mentioned a similar issue.

Last edited:

Fenners81

Reaction score
That is correct. I purchased shoes last November. I decided I did not want them and returned them to Rancourt via FedEx within a week. I tracked the shipment and saw that it had arrived but I received no notification or refund from Rancourt. I know from past experience that they only process returns once per month so I was not concerned.

After a few weeks went by I sent an email asking about my refund. No response. I sent another email and called a few weeks later. No response. Since December I have been calling and leaving messages as well as emailing with not as much as an acknowledgement from Rancourt. I even reached out to their social media accounts and no response. In the past I have been quite satisfied with their customer service who typically replied to me via email within 24 hours. I have no idea what is going on now but I know at least one other posted mentioned a similar issue.
This is very poor but I must say I am surprised. I was extremely impressed by how responsive and helpful their customer service was when I had issues.

Radboots

Reaction score
Yes - almost identical story to mine, literally to the month and time frame of return. I had gotten a reply that confirmed they would process the return once a month (which I find an unusual practice anyway, but I digress..), and then I got complete radio silence to emails, phone calls, etc.

I actually did place a new pre-sale order since I feel comfortable with my loafer size now. I might regret it.. but.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have placed pre-sale orders today for a 1967 Venetian Loafer in Dark Brown Chromepak and a Baxter Ranger Moc in Carolina Brown, both in 13D. These will be pairs 3 and 4 from Rancourt after Harrison Boot Redux in Natural CXL in Aug-22 and The Coggins 'Sawtooth' in Natural CXL from Huckberry in Jan-23.
Hopefully they will arrive within this year!

Last edited:

Limboroom

Reaction score
I have placed pre-sale orders today for a 1967 Venetian Loafer in Dark Brown Chromepak and a Baxter Ranger Moc in Carolina Brown, both in 13D. These will be pairs 3 and 4 from Rancourt after Harrison Boot Redux in Natural CXL in Aug-22 and The Coggins 'Sawtooth' in Natural CXL from Huckberry in Jan-23.
Hopefully they will arrive within this year!
Lol, it may be close, but I think you’ll be ok Tirthak.

My experience - I ordered 3 pairs during the summer pre-sale in early Aug last year.

Mid Oct - received Nat CXL Gilmans
Mid Nov - received Chicago Tan CXL Reads
Still waiting on Car Brown Baxters (nice choice btw, lol), but I heard from Rancourt recently and should get them very soon.

Through all of this, the communications with Rancourt have been excellent.

The shoes themselves have not gotten much outside wear yet - I am in NE USA. But I have worn them around the house and they incredible. I am so looking forward to wearing them every day when the weather warms up. They feel great, they look great, they smell great. They are super casual, but…that’s a mega feature, not a bug, lol.

I have had such a positive experience all around, I can’t recommend Rancourt enough.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, it may be close, but I think you’ll be ok Tirthak.

My experience - I ordered 3 pairs during the summer pre-sale in early Aug last year.

Mid Oct - received Nat CXL Gilmans
Mid Nov - received Chicago Tan CXL Reads
Still waiting on Car Brown Baxters (nice choice btw, lol), but I heard from Rancourt recently and should get them very soon.

Through all of this, the communications with Rancourt have been excellent.

The shoes themselves have not gotten much outside wear yet - I am in NE USA. But I have worn them around the house and they incredible. I am so looking forward to wearing them every day when the weather warms up. They feel great, they look great, they smell great. They are super casual, but…that’s a mega feature, not a bug, lol.

I have had such a positive experience all around, I can’t recommend Rancourt enough.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be fine, waiting is OK for me, I have paid deposit for almost 2 years now for a Black Shell Alden Indys and still waiting for Alden to start or even schedule its production !!

When I ordered the Harrison Boot Redux in a pre-sale due in 5-6 months, I received the pair in 2 weeks as probably my size was already in stock as part of the usual run!

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question about Rancourt Shoe Trees (Solid Cedar Trees). I wear 13D so will need XL size which covers 12E to 14D....my question is do they really fit accurately and touch the heel when inserted firmly in the toe ?

I have had bad experience with Woodlore, Viberg, Meermin and Oakstreet Bootmakers where I have went with their stated sizes and recommendations and the shoe trees have fallen short I.e. they do not touch the heel and there is quite a gap. I make do with inserting folded cardboard from the shoe tree packaging to cover the space but it is irritating.

Last edited:

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harrison Boot Redux in Natural CXL on Lactae Hevea Rally Sole. One of the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.
20240224_111758.jpg
20240224_111818.jpg
20240224_154819.jpg

Garrister

Reaction score
Harrison Boot Redux in Natural CXL on Lactae Hevea Rally Sole. One of the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.
View attachment 2137607 View attachment 2137609 View attachment 2137611
I have the same boot in Carolina Brown. They are very comfortable no question. If I had to nitpick, I find that these soles get discolored quite easily. Any kind of dirt gets picked up right away and shows up. So, I personally plan to go with a darker sole next time. I do love the boot though.

DG123

Reaction score
I have the same boot in Carolina Brown. They are very comfortable no question. If I had to nitpick, I find that these soles get discolored quite easily. Any kind of dirt gets picked up right away and shows up. So, I personally plan to go with a darker sole next time. I do love the boot though.
I've found that light colored rubber outsoles clean up very well using warm water, saddle soap, and a small stiff bristle brush.

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score

After a few weeks went by I sent an email asking about my refund. No response. I sent another email and called a few weeks later. No response. Since December I have been calling and leaving messages as well as emailing with not as much as an acknowledgement from Rancourt. I even reached out to their social media accounts and no response. In the past I have been quite satisfied with their customer service who typically replied to me via email within 24 hours. I have no idea what is going on now but I know at least one other poster mentioned a similar issue.

Update: I filed a dispute with my credit card after 90 days of silence from Rancourt. Within 24 hours of the credit card dispute I received an automated refund notice email and shortly thereafter my credit card account received a refund. I cannot fathom why it took a credit card dispute for me to resolve this. I also did not receive as much as a "sorry for the delay" message from Rancourt customer service.

I'm not sure if I will purchase from Rancourt again. I've been happy with their products and it's important to me personally to support Made in USA companies but the ability to make a return and receive a refund should not take 90 days and a credit card dispute.

George Mason

Reaction score
Update: I filed a dispute with my credit card after 90 days of silence from Rancourt. Within 24 hours of the credit card dispute I received an automated refund notice email and shortly thereafter my credit card account received a refund. I cannot fathom why it took a credit card dispute for me to resolve this. I also did not receive as much as a "sorry for the delay" message from Rancourt customer service.

I'm not sure if I will purchase from Rancourt again. I've been happy with their products and it's important to me personally to support Made in USA companies but the ability to make a return and receive a refund should not take 90 days and a credit card dispute.
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Rancourt shipped defective shoes to me in late December; I followed the website procedure and Rancourt received the return the first week in January. Over seven weeks later, I still have not received a refund. I’m going to contact my credit card company and contemplate legal proceedings as well.

This is disgraceful behavior on the part of Rancourt, and is emblematic of problems within the business.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads