• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

velomane

Reaction score

FWIW I wear a 9C Van and recently acquired a pair of Rancourt boat shoes in 9D (as you must know from having read the whole thread).  I think they are the same last as the beefrolls.  They were tight all around at first, but the CXL has stretched to fit.  Why not do the Made to Fit program if you are so unsure?

Bakes,

Thanks for the response. To be honest, I figured you'd be one of the first to answer. In fact, that's why I mentioned my Van sizing. As for the Made to Fit program, I'm in Canada, and the customs issues would be an absolute nightmare. As my buddy the trucker says: US Customs people are there to protect the country, the Canadian Customs people are there to squeeze every penny they can from you.

I'll phone Rancourt to confirm which lasts they use for the shoes I'm interested in compared to your boat shoes.

Last edited:

dusttruffle

Reaction score
I've been looking to get a pair of Rancourts for myself lately, and the natural chromexcel ranger mocs have my eye.

I'm curious, though, having seen some posters on here request some custom options, whether I should request any changes from the standard.

I know it's mostly personal taste, but I'm pretty uneducated on what the options might even be. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Relatedly, I went ahead and did the made to fit program, so hopefully I'll get sizing down. It's always been a slight annoyance for me as a 13d who could often go slightly narrower or down to 12.5...if only 12.5 routinely existed!

Try a 12EE or 12E

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here wear orthotics with their Ranger Mocs?

If so, what sizing adjustments did you have to make to accommodate them?

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
if i wear a size 8.5 in Sperry top siders and Clarks DB is fair to assume id be a 8.5 in the CXL ranger mocs? thanks for any help.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you suggesting the ranger moc in cxl will stretch as much as clarks dbs? If so, i am in trouble. I just ordered mocs TTS. I had to size down for clarks, and even then they are too floppy.
if you JUST placed the order, you can call them Monday tomorrow morning and try to change the size

Last edited:

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
Nope
if you JUST placed the order, you can call them Monday tomorrow morning and try to change the size

Nope. Weeks ago.

I wear an 8.5 in most things (AE above all) and also a pair of suede rancourt chukkas at 8.5. I think the chukkas are the right length and fit well, but they are roomy. I am reluctant to size down because of the length. They work well with thicker socks.

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope
Nope. Weeks ago.

I wear an 8.5 in most things (AE above all) and also a pair of suede rancourt chukkas at 8.5. I think the chukkas are the right length and fit well, but they are roomy. I am reluctant to size down because of the length. They work well with thicker socks.
They typically suggest -.5 from Blake to moc, but even so, Katie told me the difference in length b/w sizes is some small fraction of an inch, so I don't think it will render them unwearable. If they are bigger to begin with, they will probably just stretch less than they otherwise would have if you had started out .5 smaller.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Went to Jack Spade in NYC last Friday and got to try on the JS x Rancourt collab shoe. It was a dark brown venetian, although I couldn't tell if it was CXL or something else. It had a leather sole and rubber tap. It was beautiful. The interesting part was that I thought I would be a size 10.5, like I was for rancourt x Brooks Bros, but 10.5 in this was definitely too big and the size 10 fit me really well. The inside lining had a deep honey almost orange color to it. They were very nice and if they had the brown in my size (they only had the navy), I might have purchased on the spot. The only thing that would have made them better would have been the leather/rubber sole combo (can't remember the name).

I just checked online, and i don't see the shoe for sale at jackspade.com. this may actually only be available in store. They also had the venetian in navy and a chukka boot in a lighter tan color.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 It had a leather sole and rubber tap. It was beautiful.

2 the leather/rubber sole combo (can't remember the name).

1 You mean the rubber dove tail on the back of the heel?

2 Tempest?

Looks like CXL, but can't say for sure based on a pic.

You could MTO a pair with the sole of your choice, and whatever other enhancements you think of. To me, having it your way is one of Rancourts greatest value propositions.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads