1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

VSC is basically neats foot oil, beeswax and turpentine, I believe. Most arguments about turpentine depend on whether you want to maintain the added finish to your shells or not, as it will get rid of them. So, if you really like the finish you have on Aldens or AEs, turpentine will diminish that. If you just want the shell's internal glow, it doesn't matter so much, and might improve the smoothness since it helps dissolve and spread around the oils/waxes (just conjecture on that last point).

But perhaps I'll pick up some of the cordovan cream at Leffot and give it a whirl. Might do some benefit, at least for a first application. These shells are pretty dry.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

In addition, VSC says that it contains petroleum distillates.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

All OG baby! couple hundred year old building in the depths of Boston :)

I will work on some different angles for you...

1 person likes this.
  4. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

Opened email and got this today from Rancourt:

"Due to a large amount of orders the past couple weeks, we are currently a bit behind schedule on production. I understand the fulfillment date for your order today and we were unable to meet that date. I will see that your Shoes are completed and shipped to you by Tuesday of next week."

Oh well, at least they try to manage expectations.

[​IMG]

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

I got that email on Tuesday, but she said she'd see that they ship before the end of this week. Haven't heard anything since....

6. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Yeah. I received the same email for my Rangers on Monday. They shipped two days later. Can't be too upset with a company that can turn around custom shoes in 3 weeks if huge volume only delays them a couple of days.

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

I got that email too and then they still didn't ship on time on the new ship date. That was all last week. I had them delay shipping this week for personal reasons, so now they arrive tomorrow. :)

8. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I got a similar email last year on a pair of navy beefroll penny loafers but they still shipped out earlier than the revised estimate. I think it's just Rancourt covering their butts when they see the orders piling up. I'd rather be notified of a (possible) delay than just be left in the dark like most retailers/manufacturers seem to do to you when shopping online.

9. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

I am glad to see that misery loves company. Happy Friday to everyone. Post those Rancourt weekend pictures!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. gmmiddle

gmmiddle Well-Known Member

Hey, mine look like that too!

11. rydenfan

That's actually my pair. Kyle took the pic when we were chatting today

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Nice shoes and all but what about the important question: Is Rancourt following the fascinating conversation on this thread?[​IMG]

13. rydenfan

I promised I wouldn't say...just kidding. Our conversation got interupted so I didn't have a chance to discuss it. But I have to swing back over tomorrow to pick something up and am hoping to discuss it then

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  14. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Clearly Rydenfan is Kyle Rancourt in disguise and he is just trying to throw us off the trail.

1 person likes this.
  15. rydenfan

16. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

17. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Well-Known Member

like the new fuller chukka w/aspen sole.

[​IMG]

looking forward to the aspen sole being added to the custom builder.

18. rydenfan

I tried the tab suede on yesterday. I loved how they fit. I actually prefer how the Blake last fits my foot compared to the loafers and ranger mocs

19. rydenfan

Got a chance to talk with Kyle at some greater length today (until my 2 year had had enough). Really great guy who is passionate about talking with customers. Today we were able to about SF at length. He admittedly doesn't currently spend much time on here, but that may change. We discussed the difference between here and Reddit and how positive this thread tends to be. Much more of a collective sharing pics and positive experiences as opposed to bitching and moaning. It sounds like Katie is going to frequent the thread more as well. I think it would be wonderful for them to be involved and hope it comes to fruition.

We also discussed a possible SF collaboration makeup for us. I told Kyle it has nothing to do with a discount and more just a unique way for customers and brand to interact. However, Kyle said should we align on a makeup and get 8 orders he would be glad to do 10-15% off. I of course expressed my desire for a navy shell captoe boot :) Anyway something for us to throw some ideas around and see if there is any interest...

The Rancourt display looked incredible and it sounds like they have some exciting things in the works.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013