• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren sale?

AlphaAndTheOmega

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
No, I was walking through and they just had a "30% off Original Price" sign that the SA said applied to the entire RLBL collection. They had this both in NYC and Chicago (they are 2 of only 4 stores selling the line). However, the Chicago SA told me that the Bloomingdale's insider coupons (either $25 off $100 purchase or $50 off a $200 purchase with your Bloomie's card) could be applied to RLBL, while the NY SA told me they could not. The Chi one told me that you could use up to four of the coupons if you had them. If you have a friend with a Bloomingdale's card who will give you the coupons, apply for a card yourself, and stack with the 30% off, you're talking about $1,600 - 30% - 15% - $200 = $752, so not a bad take. Not sure if/when the 30% off ends/ended. Barney's had a DB black RLBL on sale, but not sure how much that could be considered a true "staple" suit.
Do you know which stores carry BL?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the RL store on Rodeo today, was not too impressed by their selection. They did have some RLBL suits on sale that aren't on the website, but even at their sale price, it was around $1100 after the discounts. The price isn't that bad, but it was mostly odd patterns and there were no staples or even subtle striped suits at that price.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right before Christmas, I picked up a nice vintage-looking suede motorcycle jacket. Original price I believe was $1,200. I picked it up for $400 and change. This was at the Philly RL store. I was not sure if they were going to be further dicounted after Christmas, but with only three left I did not want to take a chance.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
Right before Christmas, I picked up a nice vintage-looking suede motorcycle jacket. Original price I believe was $1,200. I picked it up for $400 and change. This was at the Philly RL store. I was not sure if they were going to be further dicounted after Christmas, but with only three left I did not want to take a chance.
A good deal. Is the jacket available online?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was it from this past season, or a prior year? That's a pretty sweet deal!

outline

Reaction score
so no online sale? crazy. i guess i have to go to madison ave. easily NYC's best shopping expirience.

pPOLO2-1525678_standard_dt.jpg

I just want those shoes. Are Darltons available in store? Will they be on sale?

malat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by outline
so no online sale? crazy. i guess i have to go to madison ave. easily NYC's best shopping expirience.

pPOLO2-1525678_standard_dt.jpg

I just want those shoes. Are Darltons available in store? Will they be on sale?

I just returned from a weekend trip where I packed no other shoes but my Darltons that I picked up at the private sale last month. Easily becoming my favorite pair of shoes for every day wear.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
A good deal. Is the jacket available online?

No, I checked on line and nothing of the sort. I love the jacket and I thought the price was right.

Was it from this past season, or a prior year? That's a pretty sweet deal!

It was from the fall season. If anyone lives near Philadelphia, there may still be a few more left.

I love the way it fits. It is the slim biker fit but not too slim as I can wear a thin sweater under it. It has patch pockets with a flap and engraved horn buttons. My favorite part is the sleeve cuffs as they are not elastic, but rather have little belt-like tabs and holes with brass hardware. Jacket hits right at the waste as a leather jacket should. The suede is baby-soft too.

I was not planning on buying anything there. I was bringing some pants to the BB store to get hemmed and returning a jacket at JCrew when I decided to stop in and see what their sales looked like.

The jacket had already been marked down twice and, as the Comcast commercial says, I jump in it.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I checked on line and nothing of the sort. I love the jacket and I thought the price was right.

It was from the fall season. If anyone lives near Philadelphia, there may still be a few more left.

I love the way it fits. It is the slim biker fit but not too slim as I can wear a thin sweater under it. It has patch pockets with a flap and engraved horn buttons. My favorite part is the sleeve cuffs as they are not elastic, but rather have little belt-like tabs and holes with brass hardware. Jacket hits right at the waste as a leather jacket should. The suede is baby-soft too.

I was not planning on buying anything there. I was bringing some pants to the BB store to get hemmed and returning a jacket at JCrew when I decided to stop in and see what their sales looked like.

The jacket had already been marked down twice and, as the Comcast commercial says, I jump in it.

That's an awesome deal, nicely played! Did you happen to see if they had a lot of other stuff with multiple markdowns (especially suits)? And I may have missed it earlier, but what line was this jacket from?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They mail you a postcard when they have sales if you have ever bought anything from a store. I remember sometime in August was one sale and the other I can't remember. But that was 3 or so years ago, I don't really go to RL stores these days.

And prices in stores during a sale are always lower than the website (at least for the Palo Alto/ Stanford and SF stores). If you want cheap RL and not BL/PL just go to Macy's. Polo is on sale always at Macy's.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome deal, nicely played! Did you happen to see if they had a lot of other stuff with multiple markdowns (especially suits)? And I may have missed it earlier, but what line was this jacket from?

It is a blue label as it is a casual motorcycle-style jacket. I picked up some basic plue label shirts in white and "French blue" They were $165 originaly marked down to $45. I also saw some black label stuff that was on sale but I did not have time to check them out as my parking was about to run out and I was going to get ticketed.

There were some nice black label parkas and I think I saw some purple label shirts. I did not pay too much attention to the parka as I had just bought one from BB and I did not look for suits as I had just bought two suits this fall.

I had actually gone in there to check out their suede longwings and I got distracted...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads