• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren sale?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
Because I just emptied out half a store, and am reselling it here. Talking about that sale here will be the equivalent of making this a proxy sales thread. Further, talking about the sales on the items I purchased is bad form: it isn't nice to tell people how much (or little) you paid for the thing you're selling. I don't want anyone feeling bad or whatnot. My prices are reasonable, and shoppers have to decide whether or not they're willing to meet them (or to offer counter-offers). But I won't put my profit margins in everyone's faces. Finally, you can deduce by looking at my sales that the sale was amazing. I wouldn't be posting all this stuff at such great prices had I not gotten it at even better prices! Win/win for all involved!
It sounds more like you're not telling people because you want to protect your revenue and not risk losing sales to the actual RL store... Wouldn't matter to me, as I'd be buying at RL anyhow, seeing as I like to inspect/try on the actual garment and not have to worry about returns should I have a change of heart or discover a defect later.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
It sounds more like you're not telling people because you want to protect your revenue and not risk losing sales to the actual RL store...

LOL. Dude, this thread doesn't compete with the store. People shop here because they like shopping with their feet on the desk... I'm not posting because 1: it's bad manners to reveal your profits, and 2) it will get me banned from the thread"”as I once was already"”for self-promoting.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
How good was the sale on Black Label and Purple Label? I called Chicago today and was told it was 30+25% off on BL and 40+25% off on PL, was that correct?

Sounds good. I hope solid-colored BL suits are included in this sale, too. Will call tomorrow to find out.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Sounds good. I hope solid-colored BL suits are included in this sale, too. Will call tomorrow to find out.

They weren't included in the initial 30% sale, that I'm sure of. The only place where I ever see those on sale is Bloomingdale's in Chicago when they have a discount on the entire line of RLBL tailored clothing. They had that when I walked through this fall.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
It's 25% off of sale prices that were mostly 30-40% off.

Thanks, much appreciated. Both the info and you not referring to me as "dude."

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
SG, is this exclusively in store?
The website is also offering 25% off but the red line prices arent as low. IMO the store prices are better at the moment and that usually remains true through the end of the season. I plan to pick up about 3 pair of flannels and a RLPL cable knit myself.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
They weren't included in the initial 30% sale, that I'm sure of. The only place where I ever see those on sale is Bloomingdale's in Chicago when they have a discount on the entire line of RLBL tailored clothing. They had that when I walked through this fall.

ffffuuuu.gif
disappointing.
I guess the best chance to buy BL staple suits is when they are not excluded in some of the RL F&F sales. (They were included in the April one, but excluded in the November one.)
I didn't even know that Bloomingdale's carries RLBL stuff. What kind of event was the sale you referred to? Bloomingdale's F&F?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
disappointing. I guess the best chance to buy BL staple suits is when they are not excluded in some of the RL F&F sales. (They were included in the April one, but excluded in the November one.) I didn't even know that Bloomingdale's carries RLBL stuff. What kind of event was the sale you referred to? Bloomingdale's F&F?

No, I was walking through and they just had a "30% off Original Price" sign that the SA said applied to the entire RLBL collection. They had this both in NYC and Chicago (they are 2 of only 4 stores selling the line). However, the Chicago SA told me that the Bloomingdale's insider coupons (either $25 off $100 purchase or $50 off a $200 purchase with your Bloomie's card) could be applied to RLBL, while the NY SA told me they could not. The Chi one told me that you could use up to four of the coupons if you had them. If you have a friend with a Bloomingdale's card who will give you the coupons, apply for a card yourself, and stack with the 30% off, you're talking about $1,600 - 30% - 15% - $200 = $752, so not a bad take. Not sure if/when the 30% off ends/ended. Barney's had a DB black RLBL on sale, but not sure how much that could be considered a true "staple" suit.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
No, I was walking through and they just had a "30% off Original Price" sign that the SA said applied to the entire RLBL collection. They had this both in NYC and Chicago (they are 2 of only 4 stores selling the line).

However, the Chicago SA told me that the Bloomingdale's insider coupons (either $25 off $100 purchase or $50 off a $200 purchase with your Bloomie's card) could be applied to RLBL, while the NY SA told me they could not. The Chi one told me that you could use up to four of the coupons if you had them.

If you have a friend with a Bloomingdale's card who will give you the coupons, apply for a card yourself, and stack with the 30% off, you're talking about $1,600 - 30% - 15% - $200 = $752, so not a bad take. Not sure if/when the 30% off ends/ended.

Barney's had a DB black RLBL on sale, but not sure how much that could be considered a true "staple" suit.

Thanks a lot for the info.
Just to confirm, are you talking about the bloomie on Michigan ave.? I'll call them to see if the sale still exists.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info.
Just to confirm, are you talking about the bloomie on Michigan ave.? I'll call them to see if the sale still exists.

Yup, that's the one. Their selection isn't as extensive as NYC Lex, but their policies regarding the line seem more liberal. And when it comes to their not-so-staple suits (imagine bold pinstripe, peak lapel jobs) they often end up on that "Take an extra 50% off the sale price" rack by the end of the season.

My very first RLBL suit was off that rack (and it was a pretty muted style, medium grey pinstripe, notch lapel). Over $2,100 originally, and I got it for about $650. If you're in Chicago it's worth going through at the end of the year. I also used to pick up BL ties for like $35/40 on their sale.

For RLBL and RLPL shirts, though, the RL mansion on Michigan can't be beat. They tend to have a great selection even at the end of the season in normal sizes for under $150.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Yup, that's the one. Their selection isn't as extensive as NYC Lex, but their policies regarding the line seem more liberal. And when it comes to their not-so-staple suits (imagine bold pinstripe, peak lapel jobs) they often end up on that "Take an extra 50% off the sale price" rack by the end of the season.

My very first RLBL suit was off that rack (and it was a pretty muted style, medium grey pinstripe, notch lapel). Over $2,100 originally, and I got it for about $650. If you're in Chicago it's worth going through at the end of the year. I also used to pick up BL ties for like $35/40 on their sale.

For RLBL and RLPL shirts, though, the RL mansion on Michigan can't be beat. They tend to have a great selection even at the end of the season in normal sizes for under $150.

Thanks a lot again.
Man, I feel all jazzed up now. Can't wait to check out that store tomorrow.
fight[1].gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The website is also offering 25% off but the red line prices arent as low.

IMO the store prices are better at the moment and that usually remains true through the end of the season. I plan to pick up about 3 pair of flannels and a RLPL cable knit myself.

Thanks. I'd better head to a store then. Any idea how long this will last?

Jesse

Reaction score
The website is also offering 25% off but the red line prices arent as low.

IMO the store prices are better at the moment and that usually remains true through the end of the season. I plan to pick up about 3 pair of flannels and a RLPL cable knit myself.

Does this include factory stores?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads