• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren sale?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
It is a blue label as it is a casual motorcycle-style jacket. I picked up some basic plue label shirts in white and "French blue" They were $165 originaly marked down to $45. I also saw some black label stuff that was on sale but I did not have time to check them out as my parking was about to run out and I was going to get ticketed.

There were some nice black label parkas and I think I saw some purple label shirts. I did not pay too much attention to the parka as I had just bought one from BB and I did not look for suits as I had just bought two suits this fall.

I had actually gone in there to check out their suede longwings and I got distracted...

Sounds like the sale is starting to get good! Maybe I will take a break from packing up my apt to go check it out. I should probably give Blue Label shirting another try; my problem in past was that in order to get the waist and sleeves slim enough I had to size down far enough that I couldn't wear a tie with the shirt, even on custom fit.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Made it to Chicago today.
Bloomies seems stop carrying RLBL tailored clothing. BL only occupies a tiny store front, about a quarter of its neighbor Theory. The only tailored clothing I saw was a brown sportcoat. Disappointing. The RL mansion's BL suits are not on sale, but they've got decent discounts on shirts and ties with additional 25% off. Some PL shirts for 169.99-209.99, BL ones for 149.99. PRL ties for 54.99, PL ties for 89.99 or 109.99.
Barney's got some BL shirts on sale about 150 too.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in the SF store today. They have 40 off floor samples of furniture. There is some beautiful stuff. I usually score lamps but didn't need any this year.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Made it to Chicago today.
Bloomies seems stop carrying RLBL tailored clothing. BL only occupies a tiny store front, about a quarter of its neighbor Theory. The only tailored clothing I saw was a brown sportcoat. Disappointing. The RL mansion's BL suits are not on sale, but they've got decent discounts on shirts and ties with additional 25% off. Some PL shirts for 169.99-209.99, BL ones for 149.99. PRL ties for 54.99, PL ties for 89.99 or 109.99.
Barney's got some BL shirts on sale about 150 too.

A bit confusing, but IIRC, RLBL suits at that location hang with the rest of the suits, not in the RLBL section. There's usually one rack of them in the "suit room" and they're typically not well marked.

Did the mansion just sell out of sale suits, or were the previously on-sale ones taken back to full price?

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
Pretty sure the SA said Michigan Ave, Lexington Ave, San Fran and DC area (Chevy Chase maybe...).

Add Chesnut Hill, MA to the short list.

Rumors has it that Bloomingdales is thinking about expanding the offerring of BL to more stores. Century City, CA is one of those under consideration.

Last July, I brought a Black Label Polo shirt for $11.00. The regular price for the shirt is $195.00.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
A bit confusing, but IIRC, RLBL suits at that location hang with the rest of the suits, not in the RLBL section. There's usually one rack of them in the "suit room" and they're typically not well marked.

Did the mansion just sell out of sale suits, or were the previously on-sale ones taken back to full price?

Oh, no!
ffffuuuu.gif
I asked an SA where rlbl tailored clothing was, and he pointed me to that small area, not the suit section. I did take a glance at the "suit room" though. Based on the marking, I thought they only carried Canali and Boss in that special section. Now I have to check back because I remember seeing "40% off" banners in that suit room.
I didn't see many tailored clothing on sale in the mansion, most of sale items were PRL. There wasn't any "on sale" marking in the BL room, and I was in a rush, so I didn't check closely. Sorry.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Oh, no!
ffffuuuu.gif
I asked an SA where rlbl tailored clothing was, and he pointed me to that small area, not the suit section. I did take a glance at the "suit room" though. Based on the marking, I thought they only carried Canali and Boss in that special section. Now I have to check back because I remember seeing "40% off" banners in that suit room.
I didn't see many tailored clothing on sale in the mansion, most of sale items were PRL. There wasn't any "on sale" marking in the BL room, and I was in a rush, so I didn't check closely. Sorry.

Yea, I don't think they keep any real suits in the areas designated for each designer's sportswear. Maybe one or two seasonal fashion pieces, or some separates, but that's about it. The suit room has all of them, they just don't have a sign for each label they sell in there.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I may hit the Chevy Chase/DC stores for Black Label shirts - what's the discount at currently?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Got a postcard re: RL Outlet stores that they're doing up to 50% + 30% off right now.

The outlet stores were pretty cleaned out. Nothing really there.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
The outlet stores were pretty cleaned out. Nothing really there.

any good online coupons out now?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone should post when it hits the 70% discount, ie black label shirts <100

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads