• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where is Rugby sold in-store? I am in LA(Southbay area). I haven't seen Rugby at the Rodeo drive store or the South Coast Plaza store. Is it only carried at department stores? I saw some stuff at a Macy's once.

fake edit:

Never mind I see the closest store is in San Francisco. So then what department stores carry some Rugby stuff? Is the department store stuff lower quality than what you would find at the official store or online?

Department stores just get leftover from previous seasons.

Rugby has its own stores, as I'm sure you've figured out. Ralph Lauren stores do not carry them.

http://www.rugby.com/stores/?ab=bottomnav_r_OurStores

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan to buy a bunch of university cords during november sale, someone could comment if they will shrink with handwash?
Thanks

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None with mine either.

LBC Demon

Reaction score
I plan to buy a bunch of university cords during november sale, someone could comment if they will shrink with handwash?
Thanks
What is the November sale? I am planning to go to San Francisco soon so I may try to coordinate it with the sale.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the November sale? I am planning to go to San Francisco soon so I may try to coordinate it with the sale.

Last year it was 20% off everything, including sales. It started around 11/1. Frankly, the current sale is amazing 30% off with purchase of a sweater, and student code stacks (when the code actually works)

Some items aren't up still, I was told they will be in Nov.. I really want that Grafton jacket thats ont he Japanese website.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didnt notice much shrinkage if any with mine.

None with mine either.

ps.

First wearing today for the rugby peacoat bought last spring, nice piece:

2010.jpg

Last edited:

FugueMeister

Reaction score
I was looking to buy the Cricket sweater from Rugby, but am unsure of whether I should get a S or M.
15.5 neck
38 chest
34 sleeve
31 waist

Whachoo fellas think?

Also, am loving Styleforum since I've been here. It's pretty great!

Dr. D

Reaction score
Does anyone know the chest measurements of the shaggy shetlands? I have a 39" chest and the medium J. Press shaggy dogs fit me nicely - just a little baggy (44" chest).

Should I go for a M or L in Rugby?

Thanks

mikeharo

Reaction score
Dr. D. I am a 38 chest and go with Mediums, generally. Some items I do go small but my shaggy shetlands are medium. I could actually go small in them but the medium is a nice comfortable fit without being fitting like a tarp. I would go medium with a 39 chest.

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
anyone know how much thicker the flannel workshirts are than regular flannels?

wanted one for the past couple of years but never pulled the trigger...unfortunately, this years colors are ugly :(

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know the chest measurements of the shaggy shetlands? I have a 39" chest and the medium J. Press shaggy dogs fit me nicely - just a little baggy (44" chest).
Should I go for a M or L in Rugby?
Thanks

Dr. D. I am a 38 chest and go with Mediums, generally. Some items I do go small but my shaggy shetlands are medium. I could actually go small in them but the medium is a nice comfortable fit without being fitting like a tarp. I would go medium with a 39 chest.

I agree a 39" Chest a Medium will suit you great

anyone know how much thicker the flannel workshirts are than regular flannels?
wanted one for the past couple of years but never pulled the trigger...unfortunately, this years colors are ugly :(

I'm not sure how to measure thickness but the flannel shirts that are 'thicker' are comparable to thickness of RRL/PRL ones...

Dr. D

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys - my order for a medium burgundy shaggy has been placed.

Now I just need to get a seam ripper so I can ditch those elbow patches once it arrives...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads