Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apropos, Dec 27, 2008.

1. cheez80

cheez80 Well-Known Member

afraid not
    I think it was discontinued in 2006 or '07
    there are a few hanging around at discounters (and one that I can't seem to sell[​IMG] )
    I think the problem was lack of broad explanation of where it fit in the lineup
    purple label and black label are clearly different lines and styles vs Polo, but the signature blue label was seen as PRL by many, despite the higher price tag and better construction.. pity, as I, along with many others here really liked the line

thanks for the insight. now i'm sad [​IMG]

2. winston

winston Senior member

3. PocketCircle

PocketCircle Senior member

It's well established that the company that makes Gucci shoes, Sesto Meucci, makes these.

I saw a pair of Italian made RL shoes today. They were very expensive and looked tacky.

4. BABuckeye

BABuckeye Senior member

I saw a pair of Italian made RL shoes today. They were very expensive and looked tacky.

Ahhh, PS, still campaigning against any manufacturer who makes anything from animals not killed for food I see.

5. PocketCircle

Ahhh, PS, still campaigning against any manufacturer who makes anything from animals not killed for food I see.

Huh? The shoes I saw were regular leather stuff, not exotic. They just looked bad compared to RL's other shoes.

6. TheDiesel

TheDiesel Well-Known Member

On a related note, the RL Restaurant in Chicago (next door to the Mansion) occasionally serves beef raised on his ranch. It's called the Double RL Filet. Cool!

Isnt the mansion in NYC?

7. PocketCircle

what about Ralph Lauren Jeans

8. apropos

apropos Senior member

what about Ralph Lauren Jeans
    Go here for the denim/streetwear forum.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

it is bad marketing for ralph lauren, for their sports-flags shirts to be made anywhere other than the country that it's sporting. it is a bit of a turn off to show your american pride, when the shirt is not made in usa

So ralph lauren should have factories in Argentina, australia, canada, dominican republic, england france, Germany, greece, india, Ireland, israel, italy, jamaica, japan, jordan, kenya ,korea, netherlands, romani, russia, scotland, spain, sweden, switzerland and the USA to produce pretty much identical polos? I don't think there is that huge a market for israelie flag polos that ralph lauren is going to open a factory in israel to make one item.

10. apropos

apropos Senior member

So ralph lauren should have factories in Argentina, australia, canada, dominican republic, england france, Germany, greece, india, Ireland, israel, italy, jamaica, japan, jordan, kenya ,korea, netherlands, romani, russia, scotland, spain, sweden, switzerland and the USA to produce pretty much identical polos? I don't think there is that huge a market for israelie flag polos that ralph lauren is going to open a factory in israel to make one item.
    +1

IMO that's a classic example of slightly misplaced 'patriotism'.

11. PocketCircle

Go here for the denim/streetwear forum.

There is a line called "Ralph Lauren Jeans" and it's not less formal than RLX.

Big hug for you xx

12. apropos

apropos Senior member

There is a line called "Ralph Lauren Jeans" and it's not less formal than RLX. Big hug for you xx
    LOL! [​IMG] Cheers mate. [​IMG]

13. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

quick q, i was at RL in newbury today and the SA said RLBL suits were made by Corneliani and had never heard of Carouso? could this be correct?

14. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

15. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

quick q, i was at RL in newbury today and the SA said RLBL suits were made by Corneliani and had never heard of Carouso? could this be correct?
    RLBL is Caruso. If the SA has never heard of Caruso, I would question how much they know.