• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rag&Bone

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
^^^ Just to clarify, I haven't measured the waist on those RB1s.

Tom

Antler4641

Reaction score
Does anyone know what weight denim they're using for the spring/summer RB6s? They felt pretty light to me, but I can't tell.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
11 ounces.

Is there only one weight? I thought that the selvage stuff was heavier, is that not for this season? I am just trying to figure out what exactly Nathan is going to send me, because he just said that he'd swap out my RB1s that had the belt loops untacked for some 6s. Either selvage or 11oz, RBs are such amazing looking jeans, not sure how I'll ever go back to something else.

Antler4641

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Is there only one weight? I thought that the selvage stuff was heavier, is that not for this season? I am just trying to figure out what exactly Nathan is going to send me, because he just said that he'd swap out my RB1s that had the belt loops untacked for some 6s. Either selvage or 11oz, RBs are such amazing looking jeans, not sure how I'll ever go back to something else.

Yeah, I was pretty sure the selvage version of the rb6 jeans were heavier than that too. What's your source, LA Guy?

Dangydang

Reaction score
Anyone know if longer inseams will be offered in the future, such as a 28x32? The rb11s are so tempting, but for the price they command I need them to be perfect in all aspects.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jiomitori
Yeah, I was pretty sure the selvage version of the rb6 jeans were heavier than that too. What's your source, LA Guy?

Um, personally inspecting them. There are (or were) heavier selvedge rb6's as well (13.75 ounces, IIRC). Rag & Bone have the most confusing system there is out there. Probably internally consistent, but to a consumer working without an order sheet, really confusing.

parachutes

Reaction score

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by parachutes
anyone know how RB14 runs compared to RB6 or RB8? i heard that R&B denims get tighter as the model number goes up. never had a chance to try them on here, stocks around Tokyo(where i am) are pretty limited.

looking at the waist measurements here, it looks tight. W30 is comparable to W32 in RB6.
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/106152/413459/#488151
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/106152/413460/#488150

The cuts getting slimmer as the number goes up is only coincidence. It's not meant to be that way and I think the 14s deviate a bit from this. As of now, the 11s are still the slimmest AFAIK.

twin8885

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got my Rb1's back from my friend and he did a great job distressing them for me. He stone washed them, added some wiskers, and put some grindings on it too.

I can post pictures later if people want to see them.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got mine from Nathan today, and they are awesome. I haven't put them on yet, as I just opened them, but they are so cool looking. They are the regular RB6, with that deep indigo color, a little bit of shine, and some very subtle streaks. I am going to see how these wear over the next month or so, but if they wear as well as I think they will, then I will go back for the selvage version as well, as those also look really cool.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
How do you go about getting a pair from "Nathan"? I presume you are referring to Nathan Bogle. I didn't know rag&bone does its own online shop?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
How do you go about getting a pair from "Nathan"? I presume you are referring to Nathan Bogle. I didn't know rag&bone does its own online shop?

If you read back a bit, you will see what I am talking about. Long story short: I got a pair of RB1s from AE. The belt loops weren't finished right (not tacked on three of them) and they didn't fit. I emailed RB, to let them know about the problem, but also telling them I'd likely just return the jeans to AE, as the style didn't fit right. They told me to send them to RB, and that, despite the price difference, they would send me a pair of RB6 as a replacement. So, while they don't have online shopping from their site directly, they are very good about stepping in when there is any problem with one of their products and doing whatever they can for the customer. That said, I have no idea whether or not you could order a pair right from them if you couldn't otherwise find what you wanted.

Brian SD

Reaction score
DGP, it takes a *long* time to get wear on Rag&Bones. Just letting you know so you don't get discouraged.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
DGP, it takes a *long* time to get wear on Rag&Bones. Just letting you know so you don't get discouraged.

Sorry, I wasn't clear what I meant. I meant to see just how the denim holds up and, more importantly, how they stretch and shrink over a little bit of time and a couple of washes. I actually wash my jeans pretty soon, as I want to keep that dark, un-distressed look for one or two pairs of dressier jeans. I simply meant that I didn't want to just rush and buy a couple pairs before I'd really gotten a feel for how it was to wear them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads