• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure no problem at all. I paid 395£ instead of the full price of 465£. Tried and purchased them in their flagship store.

Not a huge discount but better than nothing.

That’s still a great price for an amazing boot! I have a pair and love them.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me identify these shoes? They appear to be Crockett & Jones made for Polo RL, but I can't find anything under the model number. Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

View attachment 1005122 View attachment 1005123 View attachment 1005124

View attachment 1005125

View attachment 1005126

Can you post pictures of the sole? Even if they're not CJ, I'm still curious.

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum and this is my first message. I looked for a fine pair of storm-welted boots for a while and when I heard (from this topic!) that the Galway II where on sale in CJ stores I couldn't believe it!

The least I could do was to join the community and post a picture of my new wonderful boots!

View attachment 1005146

Congrats on a fantastic pair of boots and welcome!

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Islay

IMG_2222.jpg

jssdc

Reaction score
Shape and style of the shoes, size label. And C&J dont do bulky loafers like that.

My AS all have that little window thing in the lining with the last and size info. And none are bulky. AS wouldn’t be my first guess here.

Win545

Reaction score
My AS all have that little window thing in the lining with the last and size info. And none are bulky. AS wouldn’t be my first guess here.

Im quite positive its AS. If you browse through ebay you can see that the normal grade(old model) AS, as opposed to AS handgrade which you mentioned has the window thing in its lining, has the same features as this pair.(shape,last,sizing label, etc.)

Edit: for your reference
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFRED-SAR...D-FOR-CHURCH-/192450704107?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Last edited:

Verniza

Reaction score
I've been recently on the hunt for a pair of penny's and have narrowed it down to either Marlow's by C&J (If I can still find them) or Harvard's.

Can anyone shed what's the actual difference between build or last for either? As well as fitting.

Am on UK8.5 for Carmina (Rain) and G&G DG70

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads