• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jackals

Reaction score
The Audley in polo suede for 400 €, amazing :)

The handgrades are fantastic. My oldest pair is now at least a decade and still going strong, great leather quality.

Agree definitely worth the purchase.

I currently don't have any handgrades, but will look to purchase some in the future. Fantastic, clearly it was a great investment :)

jackals

Reaction score
IMO the Vincent is actually the nicest RTW english tassel loafer, I love the slightly oversized tassels.
I already have the Cavendish in D.Brown Suede and Snuff Suede (MTO) so I have to pass, If Burgundy was available it would have been an instakop.
363 Last is a rounded/almond toe last, 348 has a squared toe, the profile is also different and softer

363 is more similar to 341, here's a comparision between a Londsale (363) and Harrogate (341), same size:

harrogate3_zpsdscf60sa.jpg

Yes the Vincent looks great. I have the Cavendish in Polo Suede, but it's slightly too big I wasn't able to get half a size down due to Kurt Geiger not stocking 10.5. I bet your Snuff Suede Cavendish looks great.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes the Vincent looks great. I have the Cavendish in Polo Suede, but it's slightly too big I wasn't able to get half a size down due to Kurt Geiger not stocking 10.5. I bet your Snuff Suede Cavendish looks great.

Here's an old pic:

They're both 8.5 but fit slightly different, the snuff is looser due to softer suede.

Last edited:

likenoother

Reaction score
whats the colour code of Snuff?
got also the Vincent tassels in my usually C&J size, compared to Cavendish its much longer but with heelslip

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whats the colour code of Snuff?
got also the Vincent tassels in my usually C&J size, compared to Cavendish its much longer but with heelslip

Do you suggest to take the same size of the cavendish or half size down?

P.S. Color on the box is "Snuff Suede", same used for Sidney, Chiltern and other models.

Last edited:

likenoother

Reaction score
hard to say, if you have narrow-medium feets I would probably size down. But as you already mentioned, the idea behind the vincent is an oversize look

andrewnguyen

Reaction score

Do you suggest to take the same size of the cavendish or half size down?

P.S. Color on the box is "Snuff Suede", same used for Sidney, Chiltern and other models.

I would say take a half size down from your usual UK size.

Btw what do you think about CJ Harvard in 314 last? I have one on its way that I ordered ny usual size?

Thanks Alex. Yours collection look great as usual :)

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would say take a half size down from your usual UK size.

Btw what do you think about CJ Harvard in 314 last? I have one on its way that I ordered ny usual size?

Thanks Alex. Yours collection look great as usual :)

Thanks

Harvard is a lovely model, great purchase!
What colour/leather have you chosen?

I have the RL Marlow Penny on 314 Last, I had the US 9D but was supersmall, recently I've bought a US 9.5E and they fit very similar to my UK 8.5E Cavendish

andrewnguyen

Reaction score

Thanks

Harvard is a lovely model, great purchase!
What colour/leather have you chosen?

I have the RL Marlow Penny on 314 Last, I had the US 9D but was supersmall, recently I've bought a US 9.5E and they fit very similar to my UK 8.5E Cavendish

Hi Alex,

I got the dark brown from Fransboone, never experience 314 last before make me feel nervous when you say you have to size up.

Hopefully this turns out Ok for me.

likenoother

Reaction score
btw anyone experience with returns @ fransboone?
There is a disclaimer on the page "Clearance product purchases are Final. No refunds will be made"

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

I got the dark brown from Fransboone, never experience 314 last before make me feel nervous when you say you have to size up.

Hopefully this turns out Ok for me.

No need to size up, I have both the Harvard from FB & the marlow loafer in the same size which is my standard C&J sizing. Plus the Harvard is unlined and will stretch/conform to you foot.

DL-

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gentlemen, with the pound falling and fall approaching I'm renewing my interest in a pair of Islay's. While perusing pictures and talking myself into it, I have noticed that some seem more dark brown (almost chocolate) while others seem, not quite mid brown, but definitely lighter. I've also noticed that some retailers specifically state the color as "Dark Brown" and others as just "Brown". Are there really two variations, a lighter and darker, or are they all dark and it's just the picture lighting and misnomers by the retailers?

bsarosi

Reaction score
Now I'm confused and may decide to pass with the no return policy for sale items.

If an 8 fits me well in the 337 and 8.5 fits on 348 (due to chiseled, square toe), am I correct in going with an 8 in the 363 (almond toe)? Also, is is true to stick with 8 on 337 for loafers like the Vincent (loafers often tend to run snugger since there's no lacing).

One poster said they go with the same size for all 3 lasts while others have said to size down a half from 348. I understand each person has a different foot shape so it varies by individual thus there's no exact answer. But I'm hoping for a little more clarity.

For reference, I wear the following:

C&J 348 - 8.5
C&J 337 - 8
Carmina Rain - 8.5
Carmina Uetam - 8.5
Enzo Bonafe 946 - 8.5
Enzo Bonafe 804 - 8
Alfred Sargent 724 - 8.5
Alfred Sargent 99 - 8.5

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day