• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Shell Cordovan Coniston boots that they did for Peal (Brooks Bros), were these on the same last, fit, and quality as the the CJ branded ones, and using the same tannery (assuming Horween)? was looking at the leather Coniston but may go for the Peal shell instead if all sounds good. Thanks for any feedback

think of the Peal & Co. shoes and boots as made to order Crockett & Jones; you can vary the lasts, materials and colors.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regarding the Shell Cordovan Coniston boots that they did for Peal (Brooks Bros), were these on the same last, fit, and quality as the the CJ branded ones, and using the same tannery (assuming Horween)? was looking at the leather Coniston but may go for the Peal shell instead if all sounds good. Thanks for any feedback

same quality different last (240) also Horween shell

edit: also thought you could only get on eBay, CJ shell for BB stopped?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
same quality different last (240) also Horween shell

edit: also thought you could only get on eBay, CJ shell for BB stopped?

It seems, at least from observing the pattern, that BB is moving away from its Peal line, perhaps offering only a few styles, in favor of its own branded “Made in Italy” shoes. Probably a better profit margin is my guess.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What shoe brand would be equivalent to C&J in terms of quality of materials, fit, and finish? I have yet to receive one with any defects but I have mostly Peal&co brand. Not sure if BB plays part on quality control.

in my honest opinion, Carmina is close but falls a bit short. Would love to hear your opinions.

Alfred Sargent Exclusive is better value compare to HG. Though it’s very limited in its current offering

coldbrew

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the whisky cordovan loafer will make a come back?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These took a hit gardening.. shell is tough as hell and why I use it.. they will clean up later
IMG_1126.JPG

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any inside info on when the C and J factory is reopening? I’m not trying to be impatient (and I hope everyone there is staying safe), I am just interested.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any inside info on when the C and J factory is reopening? I’m not trying to be impatient (and I hope everyone there is staying safe), I am just interested.
I heard the are about to start shipping again, but it could be a rumor. You could reach out to James on Instagram, he is very friendly and maybe has some news

usmanc

Reaction score
Just bought my first pair of C&J! They are the Connaught in Black Calf. I normally wear US size 11 and ordered 10E from the NYC shop. I had to wear them for a meeting and was not able to get my shoe tree in time (delay in shipping - yikes!), so I stuffed them with paper towels for time being (Please tell me it will be ok lol).

Anyways, the shoes are great. They feel like an extension of my body. Absolutely gorgeous to look at and wonderful to wear. They feel a tad bit wide for me, but nothing too crazy or warranting an exchange. After how many wears, do you guys recommend I should use my Saphir renovateur and wax on them?
61041141237__B59F42C9-6E4A-40D7-9B8F-C8EE685E7892.jpeg
61041125537__1F8149BC-04B7-4DEA-AA6D-00AFB4C52492.jpeg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought my first pair of C&J! They are the Connaught in Black Calf. I normally wear US size 11 and ordered 10E from the NYC shop. I had to wear them for a meeting and was not able to get my shoe tree in time (delay in shipping - yikes!), so I stuffed them with paper towels for time being (Please tell me it will be ok lol).

Anyways, the shoes are great. They feel like an extension of my body. Absolutely gorgeous to look at and wonderful to wear. They feel a tad bit wide for me, but nothing too crazy or warranting an exchange. After how many wears, do you guys recommend I should use my Saphir renovateur and wax on them? View attachment 1387353 View attachment 1387355
Damn they look great. Wear in good health.

Can you compare the Connaugt last fitting with some other shoes you own? Would like to know how they fit compared to other fits.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with experience with 341 last and certain Allen Edmonds shoes?

Due to unforeseen circumstances I can only provide data points of AE MacNeil on 97 last and AE Carlyle on 108 last. MacNeil 97 last @ 7.5D is great fit, Carlyle 7.5D 108 last is a terrible fit (too tight around ball of foot, the bones on both big toe lateral side and pinky toe is just completely squished. I should have gotten E or EE).

Looking to get the Westfield on 341 Last @ 6.5 E UK... but unsure if 341 is too crazy narrow like the 108 Carlyle. That Carlyle data point drives me crazy because the MacNeil longwing bluchers are such a great fit at 7.5 D width and length wise (about an inch of room between toes and shoes).

I don't have access to my other C&Js at the moment, but I also own some 337 and 348 lasted shoes. I vaguely remember the feeling of wearing them, ...

Thanks y'all!
I have the MacNeil (7 last) and Quintons (8 last) in 9D and the Quintons almost feel perfect to me. The MacNeils are not a great fit. When I first got them they were narrow in the toe box and too wide in the heel. They are still too wide in the heel for me.

I have the Harlechs (341 last) in size 8E UK. I would say that if you were to go a size down from your U.S. size in the 341 you will get a little length and maybe width. I don't think you would need to size up on the 341. Also take into consideration though that my Harlechs are shell and shell footwear in my experience is a little looser than their calf counterparts. I also have shell MacNeils and those are loose on me too and looser than my calf MacNeils.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads