• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

ducatiti

Reaction score
What shoe brand would be equivalent to C&J in terms of quality of materials, fit, and finish? I have yet to receive one with any defects but I have mostly Peal&co brand. Not sure if BB plays part on quality control.

in my honest opinion, Carmina is close but falls a bit short. Would love to hear your opinions.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What shoe brand would be equivalent to C&J in terms of quality of materials, fit, and finish? I have yet to receive one with any defects but I have mostly Peal&co brand. Not sure if BB plays part on quality control.

in my honest opinion, Carmina is close but falls a bit short. Would love to hear your opinions.

I’ve always felt that C&J occupies kind of a unique place in the pantheon of English shoes.

They have a wonderful RTW range with tons of options. Their boots are second to none and give EG boots a run for the money. Given the cost differential, a better value.

Their styling is classic but not stodgy. They offer a great made to order program and their hand grade line is right up their with EG, JL and G&G.

They really don’t have a peer either in the same price range or in terms of what they offer.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with experience with 341 last and certain Allen Edmonds shoes?

Due to unforeseen circumstances I can only provide data points of AE MacNeil on 97 last and AE Carlyle on 108 last. MacNeil 97 last @ 7.5D is great fit, Carlyle 7.5D 108 last is a terrible fit (too tight around ball of foot, the bones on both big toe lateral side and pinky toe is just completely squished. I should have gotten E or EE).

Looking to get the Westfield on 341 Last @ 6.5 E UK... but unsure if 341 is too crazy narrow like the 108 Carlyle. That Carlyle data point drives me crazy because the MacNeil longwing bluchers are such a great fit at 7.5 D width and length wise (about an inch of room between toes and shoes).

I don't have access to my other C&Js at the moment, but I also own some 337 and 348 lasted shoes. I vaguely remember the feeling of wearing them, ...

Thanks y'all!

Crickets....

dench127

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a bit about how the 314 last fits relative to other CnJ lasts? Comparisons to Carmina or Alden wouldn't hurt either. Thanks!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a bit about how the 314 last fits relative to other CnJ lasts? Comparisons to Carmina or Alden wouldn't hurt either. Thanks!

I take the same size in 341,325,337, 348, 240, Carmina Rain, Oscar, Detroit

kbuzz

Reaction score
Hello all would appreciate any help. I lost the laces for my CJ Skye boots. Can anyone refer me to a source for high quality replacement laces and the size Width and length. I don’t recall if the Oem Laces were waxed, but they did not slip which was great . Thanks in advance for any assistance

Catalog pic is here

Attachments

• 6897AC46-864B-47B4-A893-BF819C2297EE.png
    6897AC46-864B-47B4-A893-BF819C2297EE.png
    629 KB · Views: 89
  • 2903F5B2-F6C0-44C5-A5E2-74AA0CC15DE4.jpeg
    2903F5B2-F6C0-44C5-A5E2-74AA0CC15DE4.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Camerashy

Reaction score
fabmania-shoe-laces.com is a good supplier of laces others may be able to help on size etc

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all would appreciate any help. I lost the laces for my CJ Skye boots. Can anyone refer me to a source for high quality replacement laces and the size Width and length. I don’t recall if the Oem Laces were waxed, but they did not slip which was great . Thanks in advance for any assistance

Catalog pic is here

C&J will likely send you the exact laces if you get in touch.

reddargon

Reaction score

For me, 314 has less room in the toebox than 363, 337 and 325 (in ascending order of toebox space for me), specifically around the pinky toe. I would say it just barely works for me, and only with thin or no socks (which is how I wear them anyway), and it helps that they are unlined.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Regarding the Shell Cordovan Coniston boots that they did for Peal (Brooks Bros), were these on the same last, fit, and quality as the the CJ branded ones, and using the same tannery (assuming Horween)? was looking at the leather Coniston but may go for the Peal shell instead if all sounds good. Thanks for any feedback

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Shell Cordovan Coniston boots that they did for Peal (Brooks Bros), were these on the same last, fit, and quality as the the CJ branded ones, and using the same tannery (assuming Horween)? was looking at the leather Coniston but may go for the Peal shell instead if all sounds good. Thanks for any feedback

I believe they are on the 240 last rather than 325 as C&J uses. 240 is Peal & Co last and has a slightly less rounded, sleeker toe shape.

Depends which you prefer.

the shell is Horween as far as I am aware

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads