• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, just got off the phone for details.

20-30% off, including handgrade and possible rare Japanese models.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you who own the harlech, how do you like them? How casually can they be worn given the narrower and sleeker last? I'd like to purchase a pair in the future but not sure how well they'd fit into a wardrobe of only chinos and jeans.

I wear my Whiskey Harlechs with jeans and chinos only. Never had an issue.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who own the harlech, how do you like them? How casually can they be worn given the narrower and sleeker last? I'd like to purchase a pair in the future but not sure how well they'd fit into a wardrobe of only chinos and jeans.

I have two Harlech boots and wear them with both chinos and denim. The whiskey shell boots go especially well with dark denim.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They go best with jeans & chino's. Also good with casual suits like tweed.

Just polished mine the other day.

900x900px-LL-d5305ee4_image.jpeg

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Fantastic shine on your Harlechs, @Crat

@hoit1981 @BootSpell I'm roughly two months from taking delivery of my own whiskey Harlechs; any recent pics to demonstrate how they age?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Fantastic shine on your Harlechs, @Crat

@hoit1981 @BootSpell I'm roughly two months from taking delivery of my own whiskey Harlechs; any recent pics to demonstrate how they age?

I'll take some pics in the next few days (house is in disarray due to carpet cleaning) but Hoit might have better wear on his whiskey Harlechs. Disappointingly, I haven't worn mine as much as I've wanted as I've been forced to wear some newer acquisitions for urgent OCD break-in purposes.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trafford is on sale again, this time at the $269 price. I'm a 9 TTS but the US9 trafford was way too long at that size. Only the US 8s were available and not the US 8.5s, so I decided to pick the 8s up to see whether they will fit. Hopefully it's not too snug.

I know for sure that the trafford is at least half a size too large, but I wasn't certain if it's one full size too large. Will report when I get it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads