• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

x post apols

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, I am looking at purchasing a Crockett Jones Hallam on 348 last and am wondering how it compares to the Allen Edmonds 65 last. I am 9.5 (US) D on the AE 65 last. Would I be a 9.5 in the CJ Hallam as well or should be looking at a different size?

Since this is your first post, I just wanted to make sure that you realized US and UK sizing is different. If you are buying your Hallams from Barneys then sure a 9.5 is probably fine, but if you buy them virtually anywhere else you need to be looking at a UK 8.5.

TGuns

Reaction score
Since this is your first post, I just wanted to make sure that you realized US and UK sizing is different. If you are buying your Hallams from Barneys then sure a 9.5 is probably fine, but if you buy them virtually anywhere else you need to be looking at a UK 8.5.

Thanks for the info. So am I safe to say that I should be looking for a full size difference with the 348 last instead of a 1/2 size difference that C&J suggests? Also how does the 348 last fit in comparison to the 65 AE last. Is it narrower, wider? longer, shorter? Just trying to figure out what size to order.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea about AE as I don't wear them...

but for the 348 I sized down a full size from my standard UK size...meaning I went from UK11.5E to a UK10.5E in the 348 last...

It's a very elongated last.

partyof6

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. So am I safe to say that I should be looking for a full size difference with the 348 last instead of a 1/2 size difference that C&J suggests? Also how does the 348 last fit in comparison to the 65 AE last. Is it narrower, wider? longer, shorter? Just trying to figure out what size to order.

348 is longer, more narrow, and has a much sharper taper from ball of foot to toe. The instep is slightly higher. YMMV, but that's the case with my hallams vs strands.

vital1981

Reaction score
Hi guys. What do You think about these shoes: is it fake or not?
I don't like the stamp on the sole (not seen this before) and quality stamp inside the boot.
Also I can't find a model in the C&J catalogue.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they have all the signs of being real...

all of the same features of any of my C&J shoes.

only difference is the insole says they were made exclusively for some other company....private labeled...which is something C&J does very often...

as for design...they have many designs which are private labeled and not sold directly as one of their own models...which would explain why you dont see it on their website.

99.9% real.

vital1981

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones
they have all the signs of being real...

all of the same features of any of my C&J shoes.

only difference is the insole says they were made exclusively for some other company....private labeled...which is something C&J does very often...

as for design...they have many designs which are private labeled and not sold directly as one of their own models...which would explain why you dont see it on their website.

99.9% real.
C&J made a stamp on the sole "Crockett & Jones Made in England", at these shoes written "Crockett & Jones Northampton England". Never seen this before. On Your shoes also written "Crockett & Jones Northampton England".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads