• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

zaxer

Reaction score
Any recent visit to the factory store in Northampton? Whenever I ask about It on the C&J Jermyn St store the manager tells me that the trip is not worth It.

jssdc

Reaction score

Sky Valet is very good. Prices are higher than from England, but they carry stock, and those in the area can try on shoes, which is worth the added cost to me.

You can also compare C&J and EG side-by-side, which is fun and instructive if nothing else.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Any recent visit to the factory store in Northampton? Whenever I ask about It on the C&J Jermyn St store the manager tells me that the trip is not worth It.

About a year ago...didn't buy anything, but there was stuff to be had although nothing I liked in my size. Would have been good if I wore loafers or oxfords more, but I'm more of a boot and derby man.

Definitely worth it if you plan it properly and also fit in visits to Tricker's, Cheaney, Church's, EG and Lobb. If nothing else, it's a day out.

Last edited:

azumi

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are stores in North America? Would like a decent return policy is sizing ends up wrong.
Is that store ready to deliver those C&J shoes? I heard that some C&J models are not available in stock then their customers have to wait about a few weeks, may be more than 2 months. For example, Pediwear and Shoesnorthampton said that.

zaxer

Reaction score
What were the prices like at C&J and EG?

Is It worth the trip even for a popular size like 8.5UK?

Thanks for the info!

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What were the prices like at C&J and EG?

Is It worth the trip even for a popular size like 8.5UK?

Thanks for the info!

Try both shoes in store to answer the questions yourself.

The underlying principle is to buy the best you can afford, not necessary the best in the market.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, if anyone is interested, I just listed a brand new pair of dark brown Hallam in sz 7UK in the B&S.

Asking $415 shipped CONUS.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
About a year ago...didn't buy anything, but there was stuff to be had although nothing I liked in my size. Would have been good if I wore loafers or oxfords more, but I'm more of a boot and derby man.

Definitely worth it if you plan it properly and also fit in visits to Tricker's, Cheaney, Church's, EG and Lobb. If nothing else, it's a day out.
Going to Crocketts factory shop was definitely not worth it...I was there a couple of times last year on a Saturday.
Didn't buy anything - many seasonal colour stuff and boots.

I understand the shop is also open on Friday afternoon, so any good stock is already snapped up by ebay merchants/proxies or been reserved for
regulars by the C&J's people....

John Lobb factory is just as bad....nowadays the Rejects are selling from £500 to £650...with plain box and no trees.
it's hardly 20% saving from Jermyn street.

EG, bloody appointments only.

I don't touch Trickers; Church's or Cheanys so can't comment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics