• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Just put your styleforum screen name in the GMTO Bangor sheet. https://docs.google.com/file/d/1ARs...nI1bpc/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

We might have 4 to 5 ppl already.

For 1st time participants:
Once we hit at least 6 participants the order will be processed to Crockett and Jones London at Canary Wharf (Manager is Mr. Soos) and then officially everyone will receive an email from Crockett & Jones. I just need to forward your email addresses to them, You can also contact them yourself too via:

[email protected]

But please make sure they know it’s the Bangor GMTO initiated by me, Alexander.

Anything regarding payment, personal data and parcel shipments will be handled only by Crockett and Jones jarmyn street 77 for obv. Security reasons.
I have nothing to do beyond gathering participants and making sure that they receive the correct specs for the shoe! You are free to contact them of course!

This Bangor GMTO will be handled through Crockett and Jones [email protected]
Canary Wharf referee me to Jarmyn Street for GMTOs
UPDATE:

CANARY WHARF just forwarded me to [email protected]
Who do the GMTO on regular basis. So GMTO for the Bangor will be processed through them.

Last edited:

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
I feel dumb right now. For the Coniston it's listed as a high leg boot. The Kelso is listed as a lower leg boot. What are they referring to? The pics on the site lead me to believe they're relatively similar, with the Coniston being a little lower volume.
It’s just hal tall the boot is on your leg I think … count the eyelets

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone know if C&J will do any "custom" sizes as part of custom orders? For example a UK9.75 in last 365 for those that are between half sizes and want a 'perfect' fit?

Aurdelon

Reaction score
For business clients they do: for instance 365 D for Japansee retailers. but This D last is not available for MTOs. I think for their full bespoke service they can do anything.
They have even some patterns reserved for royal family only… I do believe they should offer everything as long as you are willing to pay MTO charge.

Last edited:

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Is the horween teak oiled sides leather on the tan Islay from 2021 chromexcell?

Are we doing a tan Islay at some point? May be a oak waxhide or tan scotch grain Islay?

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know any websites that offer C&J under their own name? Like Shipton.

Ideally i'm looking for an F or G fit.

Kind regards

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my first pair of C&J. Boston loafers in Dark Brown Suede. I was looking at the Alden LHS but I already have a pair of Alden boots so I want something from a different maker. I like variety

PXL_20240312_150030944.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240312_150009231.PORTRAIT.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads