1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior Member

Thank you for the information. That’s quite a bargain at that price.

You didn’t find anything you were interested in?

2. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior Member

Rainy day. Dug out the Galway II in dark brown country calf grain.

IMG_2762.jpg

3. nishant

nishant Senior Member

Put in an order for mine today

4. RKILLY67

RKILLY67 Active Member

Nice surprise waiting for me when I got home from work, many thanks to the original poster who directed me to cavours sale. (my wife hates you) IMG_20190111_222926_197.jpg

5. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior Member

@Nat Jag Cheers, that was kind of you (me that asked for UK6 Bradfords).

Perhaps i am lucky to find a seller within EU that can get the UK6 Bradfords at a decent price. Just sent Pediwear an email.

6. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior Member

So envious. To say they look quite good is an understatement. Although i might be afraid that Cordovan is too shiny for me, i reckon those Dark brown in calf is what i am after.

7. Reiver

Reiver Senior Member

Lovely boots! Hope you enjoy them.

8. Braid

Braid Member

Real bargain for that price! Was that the full stock or where there more shoes beside the one in the pictures?
    Apologies for the silly question but I have never been there, maybe it is time. .

9. Nat Jag

Nat Jag Senior Member

Those pictures just show the stock for the sizes 7-8. There were more similar displays for larger sizes. I didn’t take those pictures.

10. Nat Jag

Nat Jag Senior Member

I did get some for myself. When I get back home I’ll get a picture online. I want to polish them
    First.

11. nygooner

nygooner Member

12. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior Member

Went back to Green Park / Mayfair area yesterday morning prior to flying home later in day. Stopped in to the Burlington Arcade store, the smaller one you mentioned.

It was great. First stopped in, saw some stuff I liked including one boot last of its kind, in my size. But then left to stop at Selfridges, which actually had one shoe in my size on clearance. A reddish brown Yeovil, I think made for them model from a few years ago. It was 200 gbp and fit perfectly.

But I had the boot from the CJ store in the Arcade on my mind so went back. It fit great, and next thing you know I bought the priciest shoe I've ever paid for. Skye II in Dark Brown Shell Cordovan.

Had them ship it which worked out to be about the same price. Can't wait to get it, I fell in love with it in first wear. My size, their last in the store for that discontinued model. It was on sale, all in all paid about $700, no complaints.

Will post some pics when I get them. Didn't go back to buy the Yeovil, in my head I put the money from that into this. But that was the first time trying on CJ shoes, only own boots, and they were great. Maybe I'll call them today haha to see if they'll ship.

13. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior Member

Glad you found something you liked. The Skye II in brown shell is my favorite boot. Congratulations on a very nice find and a great price.

14. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior Member

15. Technica

Technica Active Member

Hi all, I have a query regarding C&J sizing. I picked up a Coniston boot in 6.5 recently, fit well in store when I tried on with normal dress socks. Unfortunately, when I tried them at home with slightly thicker winter socks (Uniqlo Heattech ones, they're not even that thick..), the toes had barely any room and my right pinky toe got pinched - it wasnt painful but uncomfortable.

For comparison I have the Tetbury (348 last) in size 7 that needs an insole + tongue pad, and used to have the Skye 3 (335 last) in size 7 which had a lot of heel slip on one foot I ended up selling it. I also have the Camberley (348 last) in 6.5 which I can only wear with thin socks.

My feet measurements in store were inbetween 6.5 and 7, normal width.

What do people recommend in such situations? Size up to accomodate the bigger foot and compromise with insoles? Or expect the leather to stretch on the smaller size (or is this a myth)??

If it helps I also have the Loake Chester in 6.5 which is very comfortable, the AS Cambridge and Cheaney Tweed C both in 7 which fits very well.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 7:12 AM