• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Nat Jag

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, £200 for C&J with very slight faults is still a bargain. For me though, I think I will change my approach of buying shoes sales and as seconds and just buy the exact shoes I want at full retail.

I'll probably do the opposite and try the factory store first.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have the Peal & Co. dark brown suede captoe boots on the 240 last in size 9D-US and the Harlech in shell on the 341 in 8E-UK. Both fit well. I ordered the Coniston in pebble grain calf leather on the 325 last in size 8E-UK, and they are a bit on the snug side. Does this make sense? Do some people size up a half size for boots on the 325?
That has not been my experience with those. I have the shell Brooks Brothers boots in 8.5D, Harlechs in Whiskey shell in UK8, and Conistons in UK 7.5, and the Brooks Brothers and the Conistons feel snug in those sizes. The Conistons in UK8 felt looser than my Harlechs in UK8.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have the Peal & Co. dark brown suede captoe boots on the 240 last in size 9D-US and the Harlech in shell on the 341 in 8E-UK. Both fit well. I ordered the Coniston in pebble grain calf leather on the 325 last in size 8E-UK, and they are a bit on the snug side. Does this make sense? Do some people size up a half size for boots on the 325?

That has not been my experience with those. I have the shell Brooks Brothers boots in 8.5D, Harlechs in Whiskey shell in UK8, and Conistons in UK 7.5, and the Brooks Brothers and the Conistons feel snug in those sizes. The Conistons in UK8 felt looser than my Harlechs in UK8.

FWIW, I'm a UK7E on the 224 (Chiltern), 325 (Coniston & Pembroke), 335 (Cardigan 4) and 365 (Islay). I went up a half size to UK7.5E in the 341 (Brecon) after trying on at 92 Jermyn. The 325 last is my favorite based on fit and looks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dundee in cordovan.
1QIytg0AQLWY3awRUAJwCg.jpg

Mallaig

Reaction score
DHL delivery scheduled for the 14th. I'll update when they arrive.

The parcel from Cavour arrived as promised. I placed the order on Wednesday evening and the package arrived today (Monday). I'm really impressed with the efficiency of Cavour, and DHL. I went for the black Conistons as I wanted something slimmer, and perhaps a little more formal, than the other boots I have bought recently. I note that the dark brown versions of both the Coniston and Islay sold our quickly, so I guess I'm an outlier. Really looking forward to taking these for a walk later. Attached are some photos.

IMG_4002.jpg
IMG_4010.jpg
IMG_4001.jpg
IMG_4003.jpg

Skelnik

Reaction score
Not that I needed another pair of boots, but I couldn’t pass up the stellar price for the Conistons. Thanks again for sharing this website and the sale.

Skelnik

Reaction score
The parcel from Cavour arrived as promised. I placed the order on Wednesday evening and the package arrived today (Monday). I'm really impressed with the efficiency of Cavour, and DHL. I went for the black Conistons as I wanted something slimmer, and perhaps a little more formal, than the other boots I have bought recently. I note that the dark brown versions of both the Coniston and Islay sold our quickly, so I guess I'm an outlier. Really looking forward to taking these for a walk later. Attached are some photos.

View attachment 1107008 View attachment 1107009 View attachment 1107010 View attachment 1107011

The black Conistons do look very nice.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Finally was able to save up enough money to get a pair of C&J! It's my first suede shoes so I would welcome pointers. Any info from the inside that someone could translate?

One day I'll be able to get a pair of boots.... One day

F5C44D04-2CA1-413F-9DD8-8A6D8B884A70.jpeg

1810CA2A-E1D5-4660-BE4B-6BB2E885A4EF.jpeg

CAFCA936-9C7A-4787-8EF7-5BFD48D02E91.jpeg

Skelnik

Reaction score
They keep replenishing the sizes so if they don't have them one day take a look again the next day. That's how I was able to grab a pair.

Skelnik

Reaction score
View attachment 1107150 Thanks again to whomever the friend was who posted the Cavour sale. Just received my package this afternoon. Love the Islay boot! Might be my most comfortable pair.

Such nice looking boots. It took me a while to get used them being higher than the other CJ boots I own. It’s also the only last where I had to adjust my sizing. I wear a half size smaller in the 365 compared to the other CJ lasts. Normally an 8E but went 7.5E for Islay.

Are you normally a 9.5E in CJ or did you size differently as well?

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Such nice looking boots. It took me a while to get used them being higher than the other CJ boots I own. It’s also the only last where I had to adjust my sizing. I wear a half size smaller in the 365 compared to the other CJ lasts. Normally an 8E but went 7.5E for Islay.

Are you normally a 9.5E in CJ or did you size differently as well?
Thanks! I actually thought the same thing but went with my regular C&J sizing. I didn't want to size down a half and have boots shipped from Norway that were too tight. Surprisingly they feel about the same as my Skye and Lindrick boots. Very pleased with fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads