1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quilted Jackets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jaygatsby28, Oct 26, 2010.

1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I'd caution that the Richmond (and its RL counterparts) is cut very trim and is overly cropped. It fits more like a bomber jacket than a quilt these days. I wouldn't stack it apples-to-apples against a Liddesdale.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. hugeevilrobot

hugeevilrobot Well-Known Member

3. bourbonbasted

It's a re-badged Lavenham jacket. Lavenham makes a great product and is generally regarded as well, if not better, as Barbour.

4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

The Lavenhams are really nice... Just very difficult to find in the US.

5. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Yes, it's nice enough to wear with business casual IMO. I wear mine with wool trousers, a dress shirt, and a sweater. I wouldn't wear it any time you are wearing a tie, but for casual, it's fine.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I hope your use of "apples to apples" was inspired by quilted jackets being paddock jackets.

7. bourbonbasted

There are no coincidences; only deeper levels of understanding.

8. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Here my Barbour Chelsea, I really recommend it as easy casual jacket, I sized (half) a size down to wear it only with center clip buttoned.
    I own also an Eskdale (I dislike the shiny effect of Liddesdale) that I prefer over substantial knits or sport coats.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

My buddy got this last night and I tried it on. It's quite light - best suited for a late spring/early fall temperatures.

By comparison, I had the infamous quilted Boggi jacket in my possession for a while and it was substantially heavier.

10. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

I tried on the Liddesdale and the M was too big (sleeves way long and wasn't nicely fitted on the body) and the S was JUST right-I doubt I'd be able to wear a sweater under it. With that said, I found a good price online (they wouldn't match in-store) so I ordered the S.

11. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Andy Trott menswear in Vancouver has a nice selection of Lavenham and Barbour as well. He has a website and will ship anywhere.

12. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

For something with less of a "gentleman hunter" vibe, Nanamica made a great wool down blazer last winter:

[​IMG]

Worn (weird angle) :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. momanny

momanny Well-Known Member

Where is this jacket available for sale? I didn't see it on the Boggi site. How's the fit?

15. diglett

diglett Senior member

I have this, and it's quite nice. Solid slim fit, and not too shabbily priced ($325 retail, just under $200 at the moment due to RL's current sale).

16. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

It is from an older collection - there is one that TRINI owned that has been passed around the forums quite a bit (I owned it for a bit but it was too small for me, ditto the next owner). People on this forum love the jacket so much, it would almost be worth reaching out to Boggi to have them do an SF-limited run...

17. bourbonbasted

Might as well go balls-to-the-wall over-the-top (in true SF form) and get Mandelli to make one up in cashmere... :nodding:

18. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I sort of want to, but then again, I've toyed with the idea of launching a site that featured one limited run item at a time... So something like this would work pretty well but I doubt it would be together in time for winter.

19. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Pretty sure it's back available for sale up in the B&S forum. The saga continues...

20. bourbonbasted

Obviously the LL fabrics have taken off/are sustainable, but I dunno about other collaborations/exclusives out there. I'd be very interested to see how it would turn out. I think something like MTO shoes (from Rancourt or Carmina or someone that has flexible customization) would be easiest. Though I'm not too sure what all would be involved. Either way, intriguing idea.