Quilted Jackets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jaygatsby28, Oct 26, 2010.

1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Accessorize with these.. [​IMG]

2. bartil

bartil Well-Known Member

I ordered a Barbour Putney Sportsquilt Jacket (http://www.bestinthecountry.co.uk/Ba...cket_8858.aspx) and received it today. It's very nice indeed, but I'm not 100% sure if it fits, though... it looks fine, but I feel that I don't have much space to move my arms when wearing it, if you know what I mean!

Do you think I should consider getting a size L (instead of M), or is this sort of fitting normal for this type of jacket?

/ bartil

3. landshark

landshark Senior member

[​IMG]

Lately, I have been interested where to get a quilted sportcoat much like this.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Surprised nobody has added this Enrico Mandelli yet [​IMG] Found at SWT

5. RSS

RSS Senior member

I have read past posts that have called Dunhill overpriced.
    You should determine for yourself whether nor not Dunhill is overpriced. That term is quite relative.

6. bartil

bartil Well-Known Member

I ordered a Barbour Putney Sportsquilt Jacket (http://www.bestinthecountry.co.uk/Ba...cket_8858.aspx) and received it today. It's very nice indeed, but I'm not 100% sure if it fits, though... it looks fine, but I feel that I don't have much space to move my arms when wearing it, if you know what I mean!

Do you think I should consider getting a size L (instead of M), or is this sort of fitting normal for this type of jacket?

/ bartil

There are some activity in the thread, can anyone try to give an answer, please? [​IMG]

I'm sorry if my explanation of my fitting problem isn't sufficient - if it's so, please let me know so I can try to give a better explanation!

7. viator

viator Senior member

Bump. Any more thoughts on quilted jackets? This sportcoat is really nice looking. Alternatively, I'm looking for other suggestions for a fall jacket to wear with business casual attire to work. I know waxed cotton jackets are very popular, but I feel they are a bit too casual for my needs and I am not sure I'm wild about the waxed cotton.

8. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

9. DrFaustus

DrFaustus Senior member

Anyone know of a jacket similar to these that's available? These seem to be sold out, which I understand since this thread was resurrected from the dead.

10. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

11. Spark

Spark Senior member

I picked up a Barbour Chelsea late last year in the UK - great jacket, but I sized up as the fit is rather slim (I am an L and got an XL) and it fits great. Weight is a bit heavier, so I would consider more of a late fall/winter coat.

Prior to that, I got a Polo Richmond in black on sale at the end of the season. It is a bit shorter and lighter, so probably more of a casual or weekend jacket, but there are tons of details, construction is top notch, and I really dug it. Unfortunately, it ran slim..I got an L and it was close, but too tight in the chest and I realized I should have gotten an XL but I was traveling and missed the return window. Still sitting in my closet wit tags, so PM me if anyone is interested in it for the coming season.

12. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Hmm interesting. Did you size up so you could layer under it? Or is it really that snug? I wonder if ASOS will provide measurements. I don't want to have to send back to my proxy and re-proxy if I don't have to.

13. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

I don't think that is so slim, is surely slim compared to classic quilted jacket, but have a strange fit, have large shoulders and back.

I went size down, and wear it with lambswool sweaters, buttoning only mid button, and fits great.
    To wear with thick sweaters I prefer the Eskdale

Depends on your taste.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

14. viator

viator Senior member

15. faraway

faraway Member

Saw this recently in a Charles Tyrwhitt catalogue, GBP 129 at the moment. Looks good, might see if I can find it in one of their stores to take a look at.

Navy Quilted Coat

[​IMG]