• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quilted Jackets

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Yep.
Does it fit like in the pic? Based on the for sale pics on here, I would have thought it would be a lot looser in real life. And how warm is it? I know they used to sell it at Barneys but I don't think I've seen it sold elsewhere.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Does it fit like in the pic? Based on the for sale pics on here, I would have thought it would be a lot looser in real life.

And how warm is it?

I know they used to sell it at Barneys but I don't think I've seen it sold elsewhere.

Pretty much.

It's reasonably warm. I use it as a fall jacket rather than a winter one.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.lavenhamhorserugs.com/

Price, fit, style better than Barbour. Length better than RL. Lightweight - perfect over a suit for a NY commute down to 32. Not as nice as Trini's Boggi but you can't have everything. Delivery time is 4-6 weeks, IIRC.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you can't have these altered given that they're quilted, correct?

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Does it fit like in the pic? Based on the for sale pics on here, I would have thought it would be a lot looser in real life.

And how warm is it?

I know they used to sell it at Barneys but I don't think I've seen it sold elsewhere.

Although they are on sale on official website, all sizes have been sold out.
Hateful.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Pretty much.

It's reasonably warm. I use it as a fall jacket rather than a winter one.

Teh hate is growing.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you can't have these altered given that they're quilted, correct?

You can have them altered. The seams are overlocked, so you'll either leave the excess fabric or cut, re-lock and sew.

NachoBroadway

Reaction score
H&M $50
Gotten several compliments.
MabitexInventorypart2%20%282%20of%202%29.jpg
MabitexInventorypart2%20%281%20of%202%29.jpg

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes you can have them altered - I had my Barbour slimmed down for about $20.

One thing to consider when buying one of these is length and how you want to use it.

As a casual jacket, it can be a bit shorter but it will probably be a length that won't cover a suit jacket/sports coat. If you want it to do that, you'll either have to size up or be careful about the model you choose or both.

I bought a longer Barbour off of STP a few years back that is probably around 33" from BOC, so it covers my jackets - sorry, but I can't remember what model it is. I also went up a size to make sure I had enough room underneath to layer and then had the sleeves shortened and the body slimmed. Worked out great

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark
Yes you can have them altered - I had my Barbour slimmed down for about $20.

How did they do this? I would like to get my Barbours slimmed but couldn't see how it could be done without looking funny under the arms.

andreyb2

Reaction score
IMHO, Lavenham is the best out there.

Choice of fabric (polyester, tweed) and colours, good quality, made in England -- what else one might want?

Andrey

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads