• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

quick allen edmond question

wgiceman

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of Sohos in cognac, for $139.98. At this price, I just may go back in and order something else! Thanks for the heads up.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iridium7777
word... got a pair of these badboys for 233.99 before the extra %34 discount
lol8[1].gif
allen193891_96636_jb.jpg

i just got them in chili after 34% it will be $153! this is a GREAT HOT DEAL EDIT: cashback already showing too! oct 6th its released

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got off from the phone with Customer Service (wow they work past 9 pst). I was able to get the extra 20% applied to 8.5E Soho, not for sizes 9D and 9E. From my understanding not all sizes qualify for the extra discount. thanks for the help Greekgeek et al.

JPG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by soaped
Here is a pic I took a while back of the cognac Soho's. Shows a pretty good view of the shape.

aesh1.jpg

Actually wore THOSE exact shoes at an advertising convention in Chicago today. Got some compliments. Thanks Soaped!

Reaction score
I called amazon and was unable to get the 20 percent credited to my account for my 9.5 D in black, but i just tried adding the the shoe to my shopping cart and it gave me the 20 percent, so i cancelled my first order and reordered it a second time. If any of you want that extra 20 percent(35 bucks) you can check to see if its too late to cancel you first order. just make sure that they still have your size in stock before you cancel, otherwise you'll walk away empty handed.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
If I wear a 12 in most sneakers, what would my Allen Edmonds size be? 11.5?

bizzblar

Reaction score
I prefer the soho. The PAs seem like great shoes from what everyone says here but I still think they are kind of boring. The sohos seems to be a modern take on a classic shoe.

Originally Posted by Omar1223
i am sorry to keep bothering everyone with my ignorant questions but in your guys opinion now with both great deals out there, should i get the park aves from shoebuy or soho from amazon? i like the style of the soho more but the stuff about creasing on the toe cap is making me hesitant to pull the trigger.

any help or opinions would be great appreciated. thanks a lot guys.

Reaction score
I wear my walking sneakers a size up so that i can slip into them easier. The sneakers I actually play sports in i wear my actual size, which is the same size I wear my dress shoes in. So it depends on how tight you wear your sneakers.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, this thread has seen some major action since us early "guinea pigs". I'm glad to see that at least some other people are having success with the Amazon 20% off now.

For what it's worth in regards to the Soho vs. PA debate, I much prefer the Soho. (Also, I have had absolutely no toe-box creasing issues with my current Sohos.)

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried on 11s in modenas, would i be the same or bigger/smaller in the sohos?
i usually wear 11/11.5s in most shoes.

i really detest buying shoes without trying them/seeing them IRL. so i dunno if i can hop on these sohos. hmmmmm
i liked how the modenas looked though when i tried them on. kinda plain but sleek BUT they have that weird elastic thing on the inside of the shoes. which is kinda weird.

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
i just got them in chili
after 34% it will be $153!

this is a GREAT HOT DEAL

EDIT: cashback already showing too! oct 6th its released

Interesting. On the same shoe @ shoebuy.com, using livesearch cash back, my price was a bit higher and I can't figure out why:

Base price $324.95
(20% off coupon: $64.99)
Total: $259.96

(34% off cashback: $88.38)
Total: $171.88

Anyone? I got the merlot - perhaps that's why?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigHandMan
Interesting. On the same shoe @ shoebuy.com, using livesearch cash back, my price was a bit higher and I can't figure out why:

Base price $324.95
(20% off coupon: $64.99)
Total: $259.96

(34% off cashback: $88.38)
Total: $171.88

Anyone? I got the merlot - perhaps that's why?

did you get the 10% coupon off for registering first time user? that is where i get the extra amount off

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
did you get the 10% coupon off for registering first time user? that is where i get the extra amount off

Sh*tf*ck. Nope.

On the upside, still a pretty good deal @ $170.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member