1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Questions on reputable cleaners

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Timothy, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Timothy

Timothy Senior Member

Ok, so I want to establish a relationship with a good cleaners in my area. I am interested in what I should look for in a dry cleaning service, and questions I should ask of them. Is it important that they clean the clothes in house, rather than sending them out? Should I worry about what process they use and/or the chemicals? Would it be better to have one that does alterations also? These are a few questions that come to mind but I don't even know if they are important or are there other issues I should be concerned with too? If some of you could provide your wisdom and insight into the situation it would be greatly appreciated. To provide a bit more info I live in the Harrisburg/Lancaster PA area so I doubt there are really any upscale or renowned cleaners here. There is a "drive-thru" cleaners right across the street from my apartment that provides same day service, but I am willing to drive out of my way for a reliable establishment. Thank you for any help.

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

I would try them out first and see what kind of job they do before entrusting them with cleaning any of your really precious clothing items. Shirts are particularly tricky, which in fact, I would encourage you to wash and iron yourself. I usually only use a dry cleaners to get out stains and the occasional pressing of suits (although you have to be careful with that too).

3. Timothy

Timothy Senior Member

I'm just upping this to hopefully get more replies.