• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Questions on reputable cleaners

Timothy

Reaction score
Ok, so I want to establish a relationship with a good cleaners in my area. I am interested in what I should look for in a dry cleaning service, and questions I should ask of them. Is it important that they clean the clothes in house, rather than sending them out? Should I worry about what process they use and/or the chemicals? Would it be better to have one that does alterations also? These are a few questions that come to mind but I don't even know if they are important or are there other issues I should be concerned with too? If some of you could provide your wisdom and insight into the situation it would be greatly appreciated. To provide a bit more info I live in the Harrisburg/Lancaster PA area so I doubt there are really any upscale or renowned cleaners here. There is a "drive-thru" cleaners right across the street from my apartment that provides same day service, but I am willing to drive out of my way for a reliable establishment. Thank you for any help.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would try them out first and see what kind of job they do before entrusting them with cleaning any of your really precious clothing items. Shirts are particularly tricky, which in fact, I would encourage you to wash and iron yourself. I usually only use a dry cleaners to get out stains and the occasional pressing of suits (although you have to be careful with that too).

Timothy

Reaction score
I'm just upping this to hopefully get more replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy