• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA: Aero Jackets + Microsoft 30%

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
3
Hello,

I know this may be redundant but just in case any one has been thinking about an Aero Leather Jacket,
I just noticed you can use the Microsoft Live for 30% off and then buy it from Aero USA. Also , it looks
like Aero USA has reduced their prices by about 50.00 so what was 795 is around 549 shipped.

RS

(I have no $$$ affiliation with Aero, Aero USA ...) Just thought anyone waiting for an Aero would like this.
 

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
4,582
Reaction score
16
Just search Live.com for 'leather jacket' - you don't even have to change the search term and risk losing your cashback. This deal brought the Hercules down to $550 which is a deal I could not resist.
 

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
3
I was debating over the Hercules, have you seen it in person say over a Deluxe ?
 

CodeRed

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
360
Reaction score
0
I cant seem to locate the aero jackets on live.com...the search term doesnt bring it up for me, but there is a BIN on the mariner that I would like to pull the trigger on...any advise? Thx!
 

sammy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
468
Reaction score
29
Ordered the 1930s Cossack jacket last week from the factory in Scotland.
 

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
6,808
Reaction score
774
I'm loving the Highwayman in cherry! I might have to try one of these out.
 

CodeRed

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
360
Reaction score
0
I just tried to buy the mariner thru the Mark the USA rep...but he refused to customize it in anyway...came off like a bit of a jerk about it. Amanda in Scotland seems pretty nice, but now I have a bad taste about Aero..rather skip it after all, too bad as it seems like a really nice product. This is after having leather samples sent by Amanda which arrived promptly.
 

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by CodeRed
I just tried to buy the mariner thru the Mark the USA rep...but he refused to customize it in anyway...came off like a bit of a jerk about it. Amanda in Scotland seems pretty nice, but now I have a bad taste about Aero..rather skip it after all, too bad as it seems like a really nice product. This is after having leather samples sent by Amanda which arrived promptly.
I am sorry it didn't work out for you so far. RS
 

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
4,582
Reaction score
16
As for how to get live.com to work with the Aero ebay auctions - just search for "leather jacket" - that is an ebay sponsored search term.
 

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
4,582
Reaction score
16
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I was debating over the Hercules, have you seen it in person say over a Deluxe ?
I haven't. The deluxe is cool but I'm not sure the length would work for me. And of all the jackets Aero makes the detailing on the Hercules is my favorite by far.
Originally Posted by CodeRed
I just tried to buy the mariner thru the Mark the USA rep...but he refused to customize it in anyway...came off like a bit of a jerk about it. Amanda in Scotland seems pretty nice, but now I have a bad taste about Aero..rather skip it after all, too bad as it seems like a really nice product. This is after having leather samples sent by Amanda which arrived promptly.
I have no idea what was said either way, but keep in mind that he is pretty clear in the auctions that they don't do custom for your first order. This is because they guarantee fit, ie if they get it wrong the first time they make up a new one for you and Mark has to recoup his loss by ebaying the non-fitting jacket. If it is not a standard model then his chance of recouping greatly decreases.
 

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by A Harris
I haven't. The deluxe is cool but I'm not sure the length would work for me. And of all the jackets Aero makes the detailing on the Hercules is my favorite by far.

I understand on the length issue that is why I focused on either the half belt long and the Hercules.
 

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
4,582
Reaction score
16
Those were my two options as well. But I don't like bi-swing backs and I like the pocket flaps on the Hercules better, so it was an easy choice for me.
 

CodeRed

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
360
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by A Harris
I have no idea what was said either way, but keep in mind that he is pretty clear in the auctions that they don't do custom for your first order. This is because they guarantee fit, ie if they get it wrong the first time they make up a new one for you and Mark has to recoup his loss by ebaying the non-fitting jacket. If it is not a standard model then his chance of recouping greatly decreases.

Point well taken, now I feel bad about it, a little frustrating that you cant do any mods...I would have waived the return policy though.
 

iroh

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
1,339
Reaction score
61
how does this promotion work exactly? any step by step guide?

and do they ship to Canada?
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 245 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 68 9.0%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.2%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.8%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 16 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 48 6.3%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,696
Messages
9,222,538
Members
193,597
Latest member
Scal
Top