• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Aero Jackets + Microsoft 30%

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know this may be redundant but just in case any one has been thinking about an Aero Leather Jacket,
I just noticed you can use the Microsoft Live for 30% off and then buy it from Aero USA. Also , it looks
like Aero USA has reduced their prices by about 50.00 so what was 795 is around 549 shipped.

RS

(I have no $$$ affiliation with Aero, Aero USA ...) Just thought anyone waiting for an Aero would like this.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just search Live.com for 'leather jacket' - you don't even have to change the search term and risk losing your cashback. This deal brought the Hercules down to $550 which is a deal I could not resist.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was debating over the Hercules, have you seen it in person say over a Deluxe ?

CodeRed

Reaction score
I cant seem to locate the aero jackets on live.com...the search term doesnt bring it up for me, but there is a BIN on the mariner that I would like to pull the trigger on...any advise? Thx!

sammy

Reaction score
Ordered the 1930s Cossack jacket last week from the factory in Scotland.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm loving the Highwayman in cherry! I might have to try one of these out.

CodeRed

Reaction score
I just tried to buy the mariner thru the Mark the USA rep...but he refused to customize it in anyway...came off like a bit of a jerk about it. Amanda in Scotland seems pretty nice, but now I have a bad taste about Aero..rather skip it after all, too bad as it seems like a really nice product. This is after having leather samples sent by Amanda which arrived promptly.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
I just tried to buy the mariner thru the Mark the USA rep...but he refused to customize it in anyway...came off like a bit of a jerk about it. Amanda in Scotland seems pretty nice, but now I have a bad taste about Aero..rather skip it after all, too bad as it seems like a really nice product. This is after having leather samples sent by Amanda which arrived promptly.
I am sorry it didn't work out for you so far. RS

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As for how to get live.com to work with the Aero ebay auctions - just search for "leather jacket" - that is an ebay sponsored search term.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I was debating over the Hercules, have you seen it in person say over a Deluxe ?
I haven't. The deluxe is cool but I'm not sure the length would work for me. And of all the jackets Aero makes the detailing on the Hercules is my favorite by far.
Originally Posted by CodeRed
I have no idea what was said either way, but keep in mind that he is pretty clear in the auctions that they don't do custom for your first order. This is because they guarantee fit, ie if they get it wrong the first time they make up a new one for you and Mark has to recoup his loss by ebaying the non-fitting jacket. If it is not a standard model then his chance of recouping greatly decreases.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I haven't. The deluxe is cool but I'm not sure the length would work for me. And of all the jackets Aero makes the detailing on the Hercules is my favorite by far.

I understand on the length issue that is why I focused on either the half belt long and the Hercules.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those were my two options as well. But I don't like bi-swing backs and I like the pocket flaps on the Hercules better, so it was an easy choice for me.

CodeRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I have no idea what was said either way, but keep in mind that he is pretty clear in the auctions that they don't do custom for your first order. This is because they guarantee fit, ie if they get it wrong the first time they make up a new one for you and Mark has to recoup his loss by ebaying the non-fitting jacket. If it is not a standard model then his chance of recouping greatly decreases.

Point well taken, now I feel bad about it, a little frustrating that you cant do any mods...I would have waived the return policy though.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does this promotion work exactly? any step by step guide?

and do they ship to Canada?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads