• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

princesses

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sdcc-cosplay-66.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice beaver.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
actually, I have to say that I was amazed at how non-sexual the princesses were. it was almost as if they had gone out of their way to find unatractive pretty girls and dress them in ways that made them unatractive.

the other thing was that of the tens of thousands of women that I saw in the 4 days at the parks there were only a handful that were even remotley attractive. I was surprised at just how ugly everyone was.

no, I meant this whole thread thouraly tounge in cheek. I found paying 100 bucks for a few minutes with a princess to be surrealistic, and one thought lead to another.....

"Unattractive pretty girls"? Isn't that kind of oxymoronic? I knew/know a young woman, an aspiring actress, who did that work at Disneyland (They have a term for it--"face characters" or something like that). I thought she was pretty damn good looking by any standard. She found the work quite disagreeable. A lot of people (kids mostly) want to paw and maul the poor girls!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
"Unattractive pretty girls"? Isn't that kind of oxymoronic? I knew/know a young woman, an aspiring actress, who did that work at Disneyland (They have a term for it--"face characters" or something like that). I thought she was pretty damn good looking by any standard. She found the work quite disagreeable. A lot of people (kids mostly) want to paw and maul the poor girls!

yeah, sort of hard to explain - all the girls had pretty faces, although with a lot of make up. none of them had nice bodies at all, although I also thought that they had worked on the costumes to de-sexualize them. I found them remarcebly unattractive, considering that they were basically pretty, young and not fat or too thin. just flat, strangly shaped, and artificial looking.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Jasmine is by far the hottest of the Disney princesses. Would crush.

Jasmine's alright, but it's all about Ariel and Belle. And vintage Tinkerbell (not the watered-down contemporary reinterpretation; I mean the original one, with a body modeled on Mae West's, and a scandalously short skirt). Yes, I've given this subject more thought than a grown man should. I am not ashamed.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Jasmine's alright, but it's all about Ariel and Belle. And vintage Tinkerbell (not the watered-down contemporary reinterpretation; I mean the original one, with a body modeled on Mae West's, and a scandalously short skirt). Yes, I've given this subject more thought than a grown man should. I am not ashamed.

I'll give Belle the #2 spot. Ariel loses points in my book for being a ginger.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
I'll give Belle the #2 spot. Ariel loses points in my book for being a ginger.

You mean wins points, actually.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I know a couple in their 70s who are planning on going to DisneyWorld in a couple of weeks. By themselves, no grandkids. Why? "Oh, we like the rides, and I like to see the kids." says he.

Should I notify the FBI?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
I know a couple in their 70s who are planning on going to DisneyWorld in a couple of weeks. By themselves, no grandkids. Why? "Oh, we like the rides, and I like to see the kids." says he.

Should I notify the FBI?

Screw the authorities. Citizen's arrest, my man. Preferably while sneaking up to them in a Disney character outfit, then busting out some handcuffs and bagging their asses.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, sort of hard to explain - all the girls had pretty faces, although with a lot of make up. none of them had nice bodies at all, although I also thought that they had worked on the costumes to de-sexualize them. I found them remarcebly unattractive, considering that they were basically pretty, young and not fat or too thin. just flat, strangly shaped, and artificial looking.

Sounds to me like it might be more the odd costumes than the physical shortcomings of the girls themselves that sort of "de-sexualize" them. Then too, I suspect the Disney staff are looking for girls who look "wholesome" or "family friendly" and not super-sexy. I wouldn't see a Megan Fox type getting a gig as Cinderella or Snow White!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Sounds to me like it might be more the odd costumes than the physical shortcomings of the girls themselves that sort of "de-sexualize" them. Then too, I suspect the Disney staff are looking for girls who look "wholesome" or "family friendly" and not super-sexy. I wouldn't see a Megan Fox type getting a gig as Cinderella or Snow White!

yeah, that is about right. I found it very strange. the other thing is that the animals, the fulll body costumes, have rings around the pelvis, which extend the costume in such a way as you can't see the hips and crotch at all, and I think that this is a design to avoid any possible misconduct. its a wierd place

oh, you see a lot of adults who go there without kids. I don't get it, myself

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
I remember Jasmine scoring pretty well when I was 10. Maybe you got unlucky with the current cast?

Edit: a rudimentary google search says that I had low standards. The best that Disney World's Jasmines have to offer: http://family.go.com/images/upload/R...3_R_Detail.jpg

Would smash, though she doesn't exactly look persian (or was jasmine arab? can't remember..).

Originally Posted by T4phage
sdcc-cosplay-66.jpg

laugh.gif

yeah, that is about right. I found it very strange. the other thing is that the animals, the fulll body costumes, have rings around the pelvis, which extend the costume in such a way as you can't see the hips and crotch at all, and I think that this is a design to avoid any possible misconduct. its a wierd place

oh, you see a lot of adults who go there without kids. I don't get it, myself

It's funny to think about, but it probably saves Disney from a lot of trouble like this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads