• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prince William and his three-button suit come to Canada

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone going to watch him play polo in Santa Barbara on Saturday?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foo's secret disciple? Will's OneSuit!

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by div25sec9
It's probably the wrong forum to ask on, but does anyone have information on the labels she is wearing here in Canada? The media here mentioned that she is wearing all Canadian designers on her trip here, but like normal mainstream media, failed miserably by not mentioning any of their names. My wife is interested in finding out more.

The dress she is wearing in the hockey picture is by danish designer Malene Birger. All the danish newspapers are running the story today..

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It may have some basis in security/publicity. By constantly wearing the same suit the trip has become a week long photo opp solidly establishing his image in the public conciousness. This would have been less effective if he appearance changed every day.

His face hasn't exactly been published regularly across the world until recently, a consistent image will probably help a lot of people recognise him.

arirang

Reaction score
Well, we've come this far... might as well see this right through to the end.

Day 7 and the Royal couple is visiting the devastated community of Slave Lake, Alberta. Even though the jacket is the same, this photo confirms that William brought more than one pair of pants along with him:

jeffisgr8t-4144345.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the only garment bag "W" brought along for the trip:

jeffisgr8t-2144345.jpg

arirang

Reaction score
The world-famous (sort of) Prince William thread keeps rolling along... here's the latest installment from SF's correspondent in Calgary. Some interesting looks today. The suit is back! You could have a fun SF caption contest with this photo:
jeffisgr8t-1215545.jpg
It's Calgary Stampede time, so white hats are in order, along with plaid apparently. Looks like William and Harper have run out of small talk, although Kate and Laureen seem to be doing just fine:
jeffisgr8t-2223014.jpg
He TOTALLY could have worn the suit on the stagecoach:
jeffisgr8t-22221311.jpg
Giddyup!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^In that middle pic ... looks like he's got a pinch between his cheek and gum!

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised he wore a watch with a metal band with his suit.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arirang
Even though the jacket is the same...
Nope – both look quite different to me. The first looks like flannel, the second a linen mix:
jeffisgr8t-1163547.jpg

jeffisgr8t-4144345.jpg

I could be wrong of course, but the stitching around the lapels and pockets flaps is also much more evident on the more 'casual' jacket. EDIT: Interesting to see the (barely) visibile pick-stitching around the pockets too, Ã la Manton's recent jackets. I'm guessing it's because Wills' is also unlined.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads