1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post SF Tumblr's

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by EFV, Aug 26, 2011.

1. troika

troika Senior member

Would you be mad if we still take mad pics of your fit and post it up online?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't mind having my pics online. The roll of being a blogger, however, was something that I wanted to separate myself from, at least for a while.

3. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

4. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

I suppose I'll add my little slice of cyberspace to the mix

5. SHS

SHS Senior member

Nice MZhammer. Do you post your own fits? I almost always like them.

6. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Thanks, I do post my own fits when I have time however having to photograph myself (and in a new office without natural light) doesn't always lead to flattering shots or lighting so they aren't a daily occurrence. I do tag all of my personal posts including WIWTs under my thread name and there's a link if you access from a computer, not on mobile though.

http://LaboreetHonore.tumblr.com/tagged/Labore+et+Honore

The funny part is if you scroll far enough you can see the hair and beard taking shape from a seedling to a giant oak tree

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. deacon-hh

deacon-hh Well-Known Member

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

9. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Great to see that this thread is still alive and kicking. Too bad I'm not able to edit the first post so I can get all the posted tumblrs in there.

1 person likes this.
  10. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

12. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

I've had one at http://gezzasmenswear.tumblr.com for awhile now but have only just started posting what I feel is valuable content. It's all menswear related and mostly original with a few reblogs here and there of things that I like.

I'd posted the stuff onto my photography blog previously but after a few appearances on the radar, my followers were there because of the photographic content. I felt that the menswear stuff didn't really belong there and decided to give that content its own home.

2 people like this.
  14. dirnelli

dirnelli Senior member

Anyone have any insights about the comparative advantages/disadvantages of going with Instagram vs. Tumblr?
    I've been talked into launching the 'dirnelli' IG account, and would be curious to know about what are some good IG accounts to follow, in particular those of other SFers.

15. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

I dont really see any advantages IG has over tumblr.. I feel with tumblr you can write your thoughts down a little more and reblog stuff you find interesting where as IG is more your stuff only.. by the way Dirnelli, thanks for the follow.. I have been a fan of your blog and it has been saved to my favorites for over a while now.. so its cool that I can actually follow you..

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I have both. My IG is more personal and I don't post menswear related pics on a daily basis because for one I don't wear a suit to work.

I'm following you on tumblr however. I"ll add you on IG as well, my IG handle is "affablegent"

17. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

More interaction on IG IMHO. Easier to gain a big following by excessive use of hashtags I guess (I haven't really worked so much on that though. Also, it's a bit more personal, not 99% reblogs, as tumblr.

18. dirnelli

dirnelli Senior member

I'm thinking of going all out and launching a mirror Pinterest account as well. Any thoughts on the merits of doing so?

The nice thing about IG is that I can post to Tumblr, FB, and Twitter from IG all at once.

I have a mirror Wordpress blog which I'm thinking of shutting down as I migrate my blogging to other platforms. Should I?

19. dirnelli

dirnelli Senior member

Thanks. I noticed your Friday Challenge pics are excellent, I was wondering why you weren't doing a WIWT Tumblr. Glad to see you hopped on the bandwagon.