• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cmf homme:
dcfc00265jg.jpg

dcfc00295rg.jpg

dcfc00309jf.jpg

sam:
dcfc00061yc.jpg

dcfc00088as.jpg

dcfc00112wm.jpg

dcfc00141hs.jpg

dcfc00162zl.jpg

dcfc00172zm.jpg

dcfc00236zu.jpg

dcfc00254qw.jpg

tljenkin

Reaction score
Cheap.... those Sams are great for how long you've had them; I actually dropped my jaw.

On a side note, every one of your pics in the WAYWN thread has been great. Probably the consistant best in the thread (maybe a tie with Sauce). We have a really similar body type (I'm 6'6" 185), so they have helped me figure out the fits I need and how to wear my clothes correctly. Good wook and keep it up.

flsxik

Reaction score
Whodini...yeah it was kinda picture overkill...but ya know...the lighting was perfect.

Empire. I soaked them for one hour when i first purchased them to get all the shrinking out. When I soaked em just recently I just threw em in the tub for an hour with no soap or anything in cold water with a bowl holding em down. Took em out and Lowery dried em.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flsxik
Whodini...yeah it was kinda picture overkill...but ya know...the lighting was perfect. Empire. I soaked them for one hour when i first purchased them to get all the shrinking out. When I soaked em just recently I just threw em in the tub for an hour with no soap or anything in cold water with a bowl holding em down. Took em out and Lowery dried em.
I wasn't trying to come off as sarcastic. I seriously would like a full head-to-toe front shot of the jeans. You only took one from the back.

ino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flsxik
Whodini...yeah it was kinda picture overkill...but ya know...the lighting was perfect.

Empire. I soaked them for one hour when i first purchased them to get all the shrinking out. When I soaked em just recently I just threw em in the tub for an hour with no soap or anything in cold water with a bowl holding em down. Took em out and Lowery dried em.

so which is better hot or cold wash?
ive heard that hot wash gives more contrast while cold wash retains it a bit

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
THey look fantastic.
Thanks-- I bought it together with a pair of repro 201's XX. I'm glad I did because a year later, Levi's shut down it's factory and outsourced. They were the last pair of Levis I bought.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oltmann
Earnest Sewn Filson XX
4dp1ahx.jpg

3zlue7n.jpg

How long have you had those, and have you washed? Were those pics with flash? Look pretty blue and light compared to my Kyrre XX

Oltmann

Reaction score
I think I've had them for 18 months. Perhaps 10 wearings per month. Picture was with flash, so that is close to how they look in daylight. They still look pretty dark in indoor lighting.

I have washed them, maybe 6 times in woolite dark, cold water, gentle cycle in the washing machine, hang dry.

I'm actually a little surprised they have lasted this long, because the denim has such a light feel.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reuterscnn