• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll be honest, i love the idea of the pbj 007 but i have yet to see a pair i love. maybe its the fact that they're slubby too, but the fades don't ever jump out at me

Bokkepoot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Benson
Some pics of my fav pair of jeans
_DSC5918_edited.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC5925_edited.jpg
[/IMG]

Epic pair Is this the samen pair? http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...postcount=1893 Not my pics
So I met this guy at a store in Winnipeg named Chris who works for Ducks Unlimited Canada who brought in 2 pairs of beat up N&F jeans. The first one is this crazy pair of 21oz selvedge in WeirdGuy fit. It was even more impressive in person...
faded_21oz_front.jpg
faded_21oz_back.jpg
The store (Danali) had some of the same jeans in stock, so I took a comparison photo:
fadedvsraw_21oz.jpg
Chris is about 6"1 and my guess is approx 180 lbs. He wears size 32. The shop manager told me that Chris is a "bushwacker" and works in Canada's wetlands doing serious tough work to preserve the environment. These jeans have never been washed and Chris tells me that he will continue to beat them up!

Chris Benson

Reaction score
^ Yup, pictures I guess the pictures have circulated on varrious web sites.

Honestly never really thought the jeans were anything special. I was just enjoying wearing them seeing them develop. When they get to the point where they look good in my eyes I move onto the next pair to beat up.

Chris Benson

Reaction score
Nope, just allowed the jeans to fall where they may. As you see in the picture are the same way they would appear if I was wearing my boots.

The 26oz jeans have very little fading and there isn't much difference than those on the web site,

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/b...elvedge-denim/

However in a couple months when they are properly broken in I will for sure post pictures.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some people were wondering about the APC Faux Noir PS that I have so here's a couple pics of how it'll fade. They were pitch black when I got them, still pretty dark unless in sunlight. First is how it looks, second is in sunlight with contrast bumped up (so probably how they'll end up looking... fades greyish thanks to charcoal weft):
tumblr_leynbvpIPK1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_leynfm3FN61qcq3abo1_500.jpg
And here's a quick update on my Skull 5507s. I need to sew another patch on the crotch.
tumblr_leyni8Haqc1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_leynit8PnR1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_leynjfaYwq1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

chroMe

Reaction score
vwwhitestripe.jpg

and same pair in black with gold stripe - the bag is used for VW ties/hankies.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
vwwhitestripe.jpg

and same pair in black with gold stripe - the bag is used for VW ties/hankies.

Picture is way too small to even understand what it's showing...

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from Momotaro thread. Pictures taken with flash.

29xalty.jpg

20hvmdy.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
163247_491980061834_508016834_6586480_1459873_n.jpg

166319_491980201834_508016834_6586484_6882547_n.jpg

roy x cone contest jean
22 days
an initial lukewarm soak to get starch out
2 hot (almost boiling) soaks (1/1 & again today)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads