• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northants bloke

Reaction score
I assumed he was spoofing.

I have one seiko kinetic quartz that I've had around 15 years but I prefer my Citizen Ecodrive (solar powered quartz). I have 2 with a third on order. I'll show it arrives. I also have a couple of Skagens for when I want ultra slim. Never seem to use my automatics.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
An Ecodrive would be awesome, but they all seem way too big, not to mention the dials seem way too busy.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20191127_103816.jpg
20191127_103932.jpg

Northants bloke

Reaction score
An Ecodrive would be awesome, but they all seem way too big, not to mention the dials seem way too busy.

They are certainly bigger than my other watches but not ridiculous. Some Citizen watches are way too busy for me too but plenty to choose from. I don't really get why I should prefer my Tissot to these. Here is my collection of Eco-drive Citizen watches.

Newest came from Italy via eBay yesterday.
Not sold in UK. titanium and rubber strap. My wife doesn't like it but I do. Not sure if the rubber strap is comfortable yet.
20191129_104026.jpg

Came very a good steel bracelet but I fancied the NATO strap look. I also like the coin edge bezel. I'm no diver but it has made it to the beach and swimming pool.
20190807_153733.jpg

This is my biggest. GPS automatically sets itself.
20190529_191842.jpg

Last edited:

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone pick anything up on Black Friday or planning to on Cyber Monday?

I got a Bertucci C-1T which I’ve wanted for a while and Long Island Watch has them for a great price.

Also picked up my first Undone, a green dial Basecamp, I’ve been wanting a nice green dial watch and went with green and rose gold with a brown rally strap.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t pick anything up this year. Last year Gnomon had pretty big discounts on Squale 60 Atmos Squalematics so I grabbed one then… it’s been sitting untouched in the box since then. :confused2:

Even though I have yet to wear that one and I have way too many watches as it is, there were a couple other Squales I would have considered if Gnomon had similar discounts again this year. There were also a couple Steinharts I would have considered but no discounts on the ones I was interested in.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been meaning to join this thread for a while. This is what I wear probably 80-90% of the time. My next (watch) purchase is going to be a bigtimer watch.
20191204_110903.jpg

Trit

Reaction score

I still love my Withings (formerly Nokia, even more formerly Withings as well) so I bought it in blue. For me, the perfect watch. 36mm, water proof, rubber strap, simple design, stop watch and I can see it in the dark.

Obviously the one glaring flaw of the hybrid watch scene is the battery life. This one gets about three weeks on a change and charges wirelessly on a dongle. The biometric stuff is pretty garbage and not something I use. But for the above reasons, and the price, it's dynamite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads