I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.
Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge
We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.
The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here
Fok and the Styleforum Team.
STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
Yes, that was it. Thank you.I think you are referring to the MKII Quad 10 Type 48. I haven't seen one of those pop up anywhere, even in photos, in a very long time. FWIW, I had a Hawkinge and it was a nice enough watch and still a good value but I just never bonded with it and ended up selling it after it sat in its box unworn for a very long time. It helped me realize that I'm definitely more of a dive watch guy.
Great looking watch and informative review. Thanks for sharing!I received my Seiko “Bottle Cap” last night.
View attachment 1280601
1. The brushed stainless steel case looks great with the dark brown dial and gold bezel.
2. Speaking of bezels, the feel of this one as it clicks around the dial is mesmerizing. It is perfection. I’m a huge fan of the beveled shape as well.
3. Accuracy is great. Out of the box I wound it up a bit last night and wore it all day today. It gained about 3 seconds over 24+ hours.
4. The colors of the strap look great with this watch. It is very well made, and I noticed it’s stitched all the way around. I think it might be made of two thin layers bonded and stitched together. Whatever they did, it’s soft and flexible and thick. The thickness is a drawback in my opinion, as it lifts the case up off my wrist.
5. I really like the design of the short lugs that are sharply angled downward. If gives this watch a short lug-to-lug dimension relative to its larger case diameter. I think it looks like a Lunar Lander from the side.
View attachment 1280602Overall, I’m a HUGE fan of this one.
That’s a great shot.
No maintenance to worry about either. Solar, radio controlled - just buy it and forget about it.I enjoy my Citizen H145. I keep it charged and it resets itself every 24 hours to the Ft Collins atomic clock.