• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really, I like the root beer dial but it is quartz....and I have so many watches I'm always trying to find ones to thin the herd.....but more than likely I'll keep it.
If you do decide to unload it....
Keep me in mind.

Northants bloke

Reaction score
I assumed he was spoofing.

I have one seiko kinetic quartz that I've had around 15 years but I prefer my Citizen Ecodrive (solar powered quartz). I have 2 with a third on order. I'll show it arrives. I also have a couple of Skagens for when I want ultra slim. Never seem to use my automatics.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
An Ecodrive would be awesome, but they all seem way too big, not to mention the dials seem way too busy.

Northants bloke

Reaction score
An Ecodrive would be awesome, but they all seem way too big, not to mention the dials seem way too busy.
They are certainly bigger than my other watches but not ridiculous. Some Citizen watches are way too busy for me too but plenty to choose from. I don't really get why I should prefer my Tissot to these. Here is my collection of Eco-drive Citizen watches.

Newest came from Italy via eBay yesterday.
Not sold in UK. titanium and rubber strap. My wife doesn't like it but I do. Not sure if the rubber strap is comfortable yet.
20191129_104026.jpg

Came very a good steel bracelet but I fancied the NATO strap look. I also like the coin edge bezel. I'm no diver but it has made it to the beach and swimming pool.
20190807_153733.jpg

This is my biggest. GPS automatically sets itself.
20190529_191842.jpg

Last edited:

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone pick anything up on Black Friday or planning to on Cyber Monday?

I got a Bertucci C-1T which I’ve wanted for a while and Long Island Watch has them for a great price.

Also picked up my first Undone, a green dial Basecamp, I’ve been wanting a nice green dial watch and went with green and rose gold with a brown rally strap.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t pick anything up this year. Last year Gnomon had pretty big discounts on Squale 60 Atmos Squalematics so I grabbed one then… it’s been sitting untouched in the box since then. :confused2:

Even though I have yet to wear that one and I have way too many watches as it is, there were a couple other Squales I would have considered if Gnomon had similar discounts again this year. There were also a couple Steinharts I would have considered but no discounts on the ones I was interested in.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been meaning to join this thread for a while. This is what I wear probably 80-90% of the time. My next (watch) purchase is going to be a bigtimer watch.
20191204_110903.jpg

Trit

Reaction score

I still love my Withings (formerly Nokia, even more formerly Withings as well) so I bought it in blue. For me, the perfect watch. 36mm, water proof, rubber strap, simple design, stop watch and I can see it in the dark.

Obviously the one glaring flaw of the hybrid watch scene is the battery life. This one gets about three weeks on a change and charges wirelessly on a dongle. The biometric stuff is pretty garbage and not something I use. But for the above reasons, and the price, it's dynamite.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40