• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Long Island is as legit as they come. I've purchased couple of divers from there in the past.

I picked up that same Bambino as well. My daily wear is a Hamilton X Wind so thought the vintage dress look on the bambi would be a nice change.
What color scheme do people recommend on the bambino?

This is my hammilton for reference:

The other watch I own is a seiko OM.

Seamless

Reaction score
My beater watch. Ended up on clearance for 50 bucks.

guccihomme

Reaction score

^ Long Island is as legit as they come. I've purchased couple of divers from there in the past.

I picked up that same Bambino as well. My daily wear is a Hamilton X Wind so thought the vintage dress look on the bambi would be a nice change.

I've purchased from Long Island Watch and they have excellent customer service and ship fast. They sell on Amazon as well if you want more reviews.

Redline9k

Reaction score
Other than that band, what do you guys think about Tissot in general? looking at this;

Last edited:

guccihomme

Reaction score

Other than that band, what do you guys think about Tissot in general? looking at this;

I didn't know anything about Tissot until a few days ago. While researching Hamilton I saw a Tissot I fell in love with and I've read hundreds of reviews and info on movement. It's the lowest end ETA movement made by swatch group, but the same movement is used in some Omega watches. Every house modifys the movement but its in more expensive watches. I've read reviews that say it runs within CSOC +/- sec/day but not certified. Tissot is an old house with a long history. I'm seriously considering Tissot over Hamilton for a dress watch. The downside is some Tissot can be as expensive to regulate as purchase price. Wear out a bearing and it will cost to repair. But if you love it buy it.

Some Tissot have an option for upgraded movement but I've read it's the same movement with only parts switched out that are materials to withstand wear and they are put through CSOC certification. It doubles price and I'm not sure if its worth it. Also changes some face style and I prefer style of non CSOC version. I'm not sure it's worth increase in price.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Orient's styling (in these instances) so I own both that Orient Star you posted and the Bambino.

I suppose there's no particular reason to have both but the Bambino is such a pretty watch and so cheap why not and with the Star, I don't think there's a better power reserve watch.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like Orient's styling (in these instances) so I own both that Orient Star you posted and the Bambino.

I suppose there's no particular reason to have both but the Bambino is such a pretty watch and so cheap why not and with the Star, I don't think there's a better power reserve watch.
Yeah, while I like both, I think the bambino speaks to me more as it is slightly larger. The star looks super nice as well, but I'm not sure why I'd pay 150 more for the watch for a slightly better movement and being able to see the reserve and movement when I'm probably not going to wear it a ton. Still kinda on the fence.

Honestly, I'd probably buy the capital someone posted in the last page if it was still 79, but I'm slightly averse to quartz movements now. The price is certainly right.

Do you think the star is too small?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, while I like both, I think the bambino speaks to me more as it is slightly larger. The star looks super nice as well, but I'm not sure why I'd pay 150 more for the watch for a slightly better movement and being able to see the reserve and movement when I'm probably not going to wear it a ton. Still kinda on the fence.

Honestly, I'd probably buy the capital someone posted in the last page if it was still 79, but I'm slightly averse to quartz movements now. The price is certainly right.

Do you think the star is too small?

Looks wise I prefer the Star.

If that is your wrist, it's not too small..

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks wise I prefer the Star.

If that is your wrist, it's not too small..

Why? Just speaks to you more? I guess I like the logo and the lack of 'water resist' on the star a fair bit.

Not my wrist, just a random shot online.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads