• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this strap for this watch:

IMG_3201.JPG

It's a matt genuine crocodile strap (replacing the plasticy looking alligator embossed leather strap that came with the watch). Does the stitching near the lugs look ok with this watch?

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@mosy

It works. On paper this should be a strange* combination of Glycine (Combat, pilot watch), a moonphase complication with a rugged strap. But it truly looks fine in the picture.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does not work for me at all. Light brown (saddle color) in leather or suede or peccary would look better for my taste. Gray matte crock would look great. Even dark navy would be better than that chocolate color. I would also try it with a steel metal bracelet or a NATO strap.

conqueror

Reaction score
i've had my sk007 for almost 7yrs now, and have worn it daily. however, two unfortunate things happened this week:

1. i somehow gauged the hardlex crystal, as there is a fairly deep scratch going from 4 to 7 o'clock. i have no idea whatsoever how it happened, i just checked the time one morning and it was there. usually when i scratched the case etc it was obvious as i felt it being knocked etc. i am still completely gutted about this haha.

2. for some reason the bezel has seized altogether, although if i run it under cold water for a while it will move again. looked up a few youtube videos on how to get it off but didn't have much luck. any tips or ideas? tried a knife but you seem to need so much force that i am worried about damaging the watch and/or myself, even with a towel, tape etc.

unrelated, but i finally relented and tried on a rolex sub (in hong kong). such a beauty, although i can't imagine what my mental health would be like after scratching that thing.

c0de

Reaction score
i've had my sk007 for almost 7yrs now, and have worn it daily. however, two unfortunate things happened this week:

1. i somehow gauged the hardlex crystal, as there is a fairly deep scratch going from 4 to 7 o'clock. i have no idea whatsoever how it happened, i just checked the time one morning and it was there. usually when i scratched the case etc it was obvious as i felt it being knocked etc. i am still completely gutted about this haha.

2. for some reason the bezel has seized altogether, although if i run it under cold water for a while it will move again. looked up a few youtube videos on how to get it off but didn't have much luck. any tips or ideas? tried a knife but you seem to need so much force that i am worried about damaging the watch and/or myself, even with a towel, tape etc.

unrelated, but i finally relented and tried on a rolex sub (in hong kong). such a beauty, although i can't imagine what my mental health would be like after scratching that thing.

For the Seiko, you can live with it and call it battle scars (which is the appeal of a tool watch, for me). Or you can:
  • Replace the Crystal, OEM should be about $20, and then you can get aftermarket AR/Sapphire/Domed for maybe 40ish
  • Use more force to pop off that bezel, and at that point decide if you want to replace or fix (depends if something is stuck in there). have you tried flossing the bezel? maybe that'll help free it up if there are particles in there.
But like I said, I would just wear it as is. It's a 7 year old watch it WILL have battle scars and that's the cool thing..

Same thing applies to a Sub, I would actually love to own one only to wear it for years and have a bunch of scratches each with it's own story.. I just LOVE a well worn, patina'd tool watch, my BB is getting there, but a Sub would be cooler..

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are by Jhane Barnes,
(an American designer of clothing, textiles, eyeglasses, carpets and furniture, and the owner of the Jhane Barnes fashion design company. Barnes is known for incorporating complex patterns into her clothing designs. She uses computer software to design textile patterns, which then translates the patterns into jacquard loom instructions, which are sent to mills to be woven into fabric.)

Very unique & colorful. Many are based on mathematical or fractal equations. She uses crazy weaving and printing techniques... in other words not for the conservatives or feint of heart... as seen by the "comments" I get.
She stopped making them a few years back but there are plenty on eBay. I have about 350 of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads