Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Poor man's watch thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SirGrotius, Feb 4, 2011.

1. crdb

crdb Senior member

Additionally I have good memories of learning Russian and travelling there even if it was a long time ago and the country is probably totally different. There is an intensity to Russian thought (and life) that is always worth engaging with. I love the combination of extreme emotion, creativity and sensitivity in the Scriabin piano works, for example (currently hacking my way through the sonatas), especially on the Sofronitsky recordings. And these days I don't get much chance to interact with cheloviki from the cold, so I almost relish the tavaresh's posts, not for their content but for the brief Geist created.

2. mosy

mosy Senior member

Thoughts on this strap for this watch:

IMG_3201.JPG

It's a matt genuine crocodile strap (replacing the plasticy looking alligator embossed leather strap that came with the watch). Does the stitching near the lugs look ok with this watch?

3. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior member

@mosy

It works. On paper this should be a strange* combination of Glycine (Combat, pilot watch), a moonphase complication with a rugged strap. But it truly looks fine in the picture.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017 at 11:10 AM

4. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    It does not work for me at all. Light brown (saddle color) in leather or suede or peccary would look better for my taste. Gray matte crock would look great. Even dark navy would be better than that chocolate color. I would also try it with a steel metal bracelet or a NATO strap.

5. mosy

mosy Senior member

I think I'm going with it. Here's a wrist shot:

IMG_3224.JPG

6. mosy

mosy Senior member

thanks